PDA

View Full Version : z7 then dawn, or dawn then z7?

MidNiteMysT
09-27-2004, 02:07 PM
when doing the whole zaino treatment, one question i have is do i use z7, clay, then dawn, or should i use dawn, clay, then z7? it would seem that z7 clay dawn would make more sense because you want it to be as clean as possible so the zaino can stick better. following with z7 would add silicones and protectants that might not let the zaino products adhere as best as they can. but sal zaino says to use z7 second. wanted to know what you guys think about this.

grt1today
09-27-2004, 02:17 PM
I personally would skip the dawn, but that`s me. I would wash/Z7, AIO, then zaino away... BTW the Z7 is totally compatible with the zaino system, so there`s no worrying about bonding issues there either. If your adding some other products in the mix that have oils etc. that`s where you need to be careful. Do all the proper prep work 1st before you zaino away. Where did you hear that Z7 had silicones in it??? :doh

MidNiteMysT
09-27-2004, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by grt1today

Where did you hear that Z7 had silicones in it??? :doh

lol, im not sure exactly. haha.

i wanna wash my car with dawn just to make sure everything is off of it. i guess ill just do the dawn, then clay then z7 like sal suggested.

DETAILKING
09-27-2004, 05:25 PM
I would dawn and then clay the car while washing with Z7....I do this and it works great. On a CLEAN car, soap up a panel, clay it, rinse, soap up again, rinse.........good luck

imported_memnuts
09-27-2004, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by DETAILKING

I would dawn and then clay the car while washing with Z7....I do this and it works great. On a CLEAN car, soap up a panel, clay it, rinse, soap up again, rinse.........good luck

What he said. :up