PDA

View Full Version : Best Car Wash(es) Available in Large Size

Pages : [1] 2

Bill D
09-27-2004, 12:58 PM
Judging by recent posts and reviews I`m assuming Meg NXT wash and EO Wet are among the best washes available in larger (1/2 gallon or gallon) sizes. (I`m focusing on larger sizes for sake of convenience of not having to order/ buy constantly)

I assume to qualify as "best" the wash must have a high degree of lubrication? At least that`s what I`m looking for. I must avoid marring any way I can when washing.

What do you think? NXT Wash or EO get the nod? What else qualifies?

Pats300zx
09-27-2004, 01:41 PM
NXT definitely gets the nod. I have`t had a chance to try EO yet.

Can`t forget Meguiars Gold Class.... You can get it at Target for $9.99 a gallon.

jeff5614
09-27-2004, 01:56 PM
I`ve been a gold class user for quite sometime, but like everyone on here love to try out something new. I tried EO Wet after all the good reviews and found it to have about the same lubricity and suds as Megs GC.

I finally found NXT at Walmart and really like it. It seems to have quite a bit more slickness than the above two and sheets water like nobody`s business. It doesn`t seem to be affecting my sealant as it still feels slick and the beading seems the same. As far as cleaning I wash once a week so I can`t speak as to how they get a lot of grime off.

I do plan on a side by side comparison of GC and NXT this weekend just to satisfy myself as to which seems the best but at the moment NXT gets the nod.

stevet
09-27-2004, 02:04 PM
I find Duragloss to be better than Megs Gold Class, NXT, and Eagle One Wet. It is available in gallons and half gallons. Very underated in my opinion.

imported_kgb
09-27-2004, 02:05 PM
Out of the car washes I have used NXT is what I like so far. I did a review on it about a week or so ago.

imported_Terry
09-27-2004, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by Bill D

Judging by recent posts and reviews I`m assuming Meg NXT wash and EO Wet are among the best washes available in larger (1/2 gallon or gallon) sizes. (I`m focusing on larger sizes for sake of convenience of not having to order/ buy constantly)

I assume to qualify as "best" the wash must have a high degree of lubrication? At least that`s what I`m looking for. I must avoid marring any way I can when washing.

What do you think? NXT Wash or EO get the nod? What else qualifies? I use both because they are quality products at reasonable prices.:up

Bill D
09-27-2004, 02:49 PM
Thanks for your viewpoints guys! Keep `em coming! :up

I was able to stop by a local Pep Boys and holy smokes! Yippee! They had NXT! :bounce

I only have the small bottle of Duragloss, I tested it out when I washed my BugGuard off my front bumper and WOW is it slick :bow

The only Carquest I know of that had Duragloss only had the small size :(

Does NAPA carry it as well?

stevet
09-27-2004, 10:11 PM
Bill D,

I live in Canada and I go over the border to get the Duragloss. I get it at Carquest and a gallon is $20 USD. The Carquest I go to is in Niagara Falls NY. If the one near you carries the small bottles I`m sure they can order a gallon no problem.

It is slick. It`s also great at preventing water spots. I can`t believe more people don`t use this stuff. It is my favorite by far.

dmatre
09-28-2004, 05:13 AM
I really like the Griot`s Garage car wash, available in 1Gallon size.

It`s got good suds, great lubricity, and it lasts (suds don`t `fade` in the bucket).

The only drawbacks are:

1) Mail order only

2) Doesn`t sheet off as well as Megs (beads rather than sheets)

Otherwise, it`s a great car wash.

shelshel
09-28-2004, 05:24 AM
I prefer the Pinnacle car wash. Smells great, nice shine and very slippery. You can purchase it in the gallon size and there is 15% off going on right now at Pinnacle`s web site. It`s a little pricey but when you figure you only have to use a 1/2 ounce per 2 gallon bucket it`s well worth the investment.

Accumulator
09-28-2004, 10:07 AM
Here`s another vote for Griot`s. BTW, it does NOT appear to strip KSG to a significant extent (as in, any stripping is indiscernable even over the course of more than a year).

Bill D. - Note that Griot`s is what I use with my wash method.

I might be willing to try the DuraGloss if I can get it in gallons, though I`m hesitant to try something new when I have something that works so well for me :o IMO washing is a more critical step than many other processes, so it`s not something I want to take chances with.

Bill D
09-28-2004, 10:13 AM
Thanks everyone again.

The Griots is on my list, I`m sure I`ll have it in time :D

tom p.
09-28-2004, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by Accumulator

I might be willing to try the DuraGloss if I can get it in gallons, though I`m hesitant to try something new when I have something that works so well for me :o

IMO washing is a more critical step than many other processes, so it`s not something I want to take chances with.

Accumulator, you can get a pint of Duragloss for less than $4..it`s decent stuff but check it out before committing to a gallon.

I`ll 2nd Griot`s wash by the gallon as an exceptional value :xyxthumbs

I wish Mike M. had gallons of 1Z`s fabulous Exclusiv Glanz Shampoo in a 5L container...then you`d have something!

Accumulator
09-28-2004, 10:53 AM
Tom P. - Yeah, the quantity issue is pretty important to me. My wash technique goes through the shampoo and it seems I`m always washing one vehicle or another. I buy four gallons at a time from Griot`s and I`d buy it in big drums if I could.

Bill D
09-28-2004, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by Accumulator

I`d buy it in big drums if I could.

:shocked: :xyxthumbs

Do you have a fork lift like my local detailing store owner does? :D