PDA

View Full Version : Review: Liquid Glass: Liquid Glass

2k2max
09-27-2004, 10:16 AM
Hello All,

Just bought a new ride last week and wanted to keep the paint sharp. Color = Red.

The car has got some minor swirls which I plan on hiding with 3M`s IHG.

I was debating against following up the IHG w/either McGuiar`s #26 or LG.

I really like the LG, but does anyone know if it will bond to IHG? Also, is there a curing time for the IHG (I plan on apply 2 coats to help hide the swirls)?

Here`s a rundown:

Wash

3M IHG x2

LG x2 (after 4 hours of curing).

Any other recommendations or suggestions?

Thanks!!

Bill D
09-27-2004, 10:22 AM
Weclome to Autopia 2k2max :wavey

Just curious, why hide defects when you could remove? I suspect due to its oily make up, the IHG might give you some bonding issues. For best results stick with a traditional wax to use with that glaze.

2k2max
09-27-2004, 10:30 AM
Hello Bill D,

Thanks for the welcome. I`ve been an on-and off lurker.

I have been thinking about the 3M SMR also. Do you think I should just use the SMR in place of the IHG?

You are right with the IHG, I had some problems with it on other cars due to the oils.

Then, would the LG bond to the SMR?

Bill D
09-27-2004, 10:48 AM
SMR has light polishing/cleaning abilities but also contains fillers. I suspect you are doing this by hand. If so, one of the best lines for use by hand is 1z- available online only . No matter what system I`m using I get in the habit of always wiping away the excess polish with a mix of isopropyl alcohol and water, especially with the 1z, that way no matter what last step product you use, it will bond properly.

2k2max
09-27-2004, 10:54 AM
Sorry, forgot to mention I have a PC.

So I guess it`s not going to bond very well to IHG or SMR?...

what part alcohol vs. water?

Thanks!

Bill D
09-27-2004, 01:22 PM
If you have a PC, I wouldn`t even consider the IHG or SMR. You can produce a nice finish with many lines of products discussed here constantly. The IPA mix is generally 50/50 with water, can be higher with no problems however.

DETAILKING
09-27-2004, 06:02 PM
LG is a high solvent abrasive formula, it will remove any oils on your paint so don`t worry.......