PDA

View Full Version : Car cover roller thing-- saw it on TV

Bluedog
09-26-2004, 10:57 PM
I saw on TV a few days ago a new product that was pretty interesting. I forgot what it was called but basically its a small plastic device, shaped like a small drum, that rolls up your car cover. You quite literally grab a lever on the side of the drum and start cranking in the car cover till its all in the drum.

Seemed very convenient, took only about 10 secs to roll in the cover, pretty small and compact, and easy to take the cover back out.

My question is, has anyone used this product before? Opinions?

TN9thSi
09-26-2004, 11:45 PM
I would never use that thing! Did you see the way it attaches to the car?? It has a HOOK that must be attached to your bumper! How, I`m not sure but it looks scary. I doubt the "drum" will roll up any other cover other than the one included with the device. I`d stay far away from this one. Get a real cover if you want one.

Bluedog
09-27-2004, 07:04 AM
Originally posted by TnM6i

I would never use that thing! Did you see the way it attaches to the car?? It has a HOOK that must be attached to your bumper! How, I`m not sure but it looks scary. I doubt the "drum" will roll up any other cover other than the one included with the device. I`d stay far away from this one. Get a real cover if you want one.

The cover that it comes with basically has a string at the front of it with a suction cup. THe suction cup can be stuck on the front bumper, its not an actual hook :). So it seems harmless enough. Im currently using a weathershield car cover and it looked as if it would work well with this product because its very thin and can be compacted in a small area (in a drum). So Im really more thinking of the drum itself, not the cover it comes with.

medic
09-27-2004, 04:55 PM
if you roll it up, does that mean it drags along your paint? sounds like it could be interesting other then that. maybe modify it so it sits in your trunk instead of on the bumper

HotRodGuy
09-27-2004, 09:07 PM
don`t waste your time. Fold both sides of the cover to the top of the car, then go to the trunk or the hood and roll it up. Unroll to put back on :)

autoweenie
09-27-2004, 10:50 PM
I am with the HodRodGuy.

Just roll it from two sides and then front to back (or back to

front).

I also have a weathershield.

Takes about 30 seconds to take the cover off or put it back

on.

I got one of those "throw it over your car" car cover. :o

I think I will get lynched by fellow autopians if they see

me using it.