PDA

View Full Version : Stubborn water spots

Pages : [1] 2

spree
09-26-2004, 04:19 PM
I have some water spots on the roof of my `04 black cobra that I can`t seem to remove. I tried once with a PC and poorboy`s SSR 2.5 (polishing pad), and that didn`t do the trick.

I tried again today by first putting some distilled white vinegar/water 1:1 mix on my roof, cleaning it off, then applying Poorboy`s SSR 2.5 (w/ a PC cutting pad at 5) and Poorboy`s Polish (w/ a PC polishing pad at 3). The spots are showing a bit less, but you can definitely still see the etching from it.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to completely get rid of it?

JayC
09-26-2004, 05:06 PM
I did a 01 green Mustang with pretty much the same problem. SSR 2.5 with a cutting pad would work but you really had to work it. I ended up going to SSR 3 with a cutting pad, following up with SSR 2.5 and finished it off with Tropi-Care Swirl Cutter.

I still didnt end up getting it all but I got most of it.

Good luck.. if its the same kind of stuff I was dealing with, I feel for you.

imported_turbomangt
09-28-2004, 06:26 AM
CLR removes hard water spots in seconds

NickMach1
09-28-2004, 07:46 AM
excuse me for my ignorance but what is CLR?

Oh btw spree, every 03-04 Cobra or Mach 1 I`ve seen under halogen lights has water spotting on the roof and some on the hood

imported_turbomangt
09-28-2004, 07:51 AM
It is found in any hardware store, it removes mineral deposits, hard water stains, and rust. I have used it on paint for water spots, comes right off. Not sure what the letters stand for. Gary

NickMach1
09-28-2004, 07:57 AM
thanks for the heads up gary, appreciated :up

imported_Homer
09-28-2004, 08:24 AM
CLR stands for Calcium, Lime, and Rust. It`s a good product for dissolving those things.

It comes in a grey bottle with black, white, orange labeling if I remember correctly.

NickMach1
09-28-2004, 03:12 PM
it`s completely clear coat safe? don`t want to screw up my buddy`s cobra

Thomas Dekany
09-28-2004, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by NickMach1

it`s completely clear coat safe? don`t want to screw up my buddy`s cobra

If turbomangt

recommends it I`d trust it.

oaevo8u
09-28-2004, 07:35 PM
so what would you say wash dry and then clr and wash again or put some in the wash bucket? How much?

imported_turbomangt
09-28-2004, 08:57 PM
My experince using it came when I could not for the life of me get some tough water spots off the car. Then the distributor from Ardex told me about the CLR, it seems the mineral deposits need to be broken down in the hard water. or dissolved would be a better term. I used it on a section of the car, and it came off instantly. Ardex rep said it was safe on the paint. But I never gave a car a bath with it. I would take a terri towel and use it on a section of the problem area a little at a time. It is expensive so you don`t want to waste it. A little I think would be effective. but plan on taking some time. Gary

NickMach1
09-28-2004, 09:26 PM
thanks gary :bow

oaevo8u
09-28-2004, 10:03 PM
thanks!!!!!!

svanderbilt
09-28-2004, 10:21 PM
I`m going to try this out on the weekend. Where I park on the weekends always gets sprayed by sprinklers, and they leave waterspots if I don`t come out and dry off immediately. The other night I heard the sprinklers come on at 3AM and I wasn`t about to get out of bed. These water spots have been pissing me off! In fact, I recently purchased a Makita rotary and Menzerna Intensive Polish specifically for removing these spots!

NickMach1
09-28-2004, 11:31 PM
beau, thats the same problem I have... my car unfortunatley doesn`t get garage privlages until the winter time. Actually every mustang owner I know has the same problem :nixweiss