PDA

View Full Version : auto detailing schools New Jersey?

cheapshot
09-24-2004, 07:43 PM
i was thinking about taking a few classes for detailing? i`m looking for a trade school or any school that offers this instruction. something close to middletown, nj would be great! i will own and master that rotary someday! any info on schools would be great. thanks

cheapshot
09-25-2004, 09:33 AM
i guess i`m out of luck. can`t believe no one post a reply. i`ll have to keep looking. after using the pc a few times, i`m very pleased with the results, but still would like to learn and practice rotary.

RedondoV6
09-25-2004, 09:45 AM
Cheapshot. Why not do what I did and just go buy one or two hoods from the scrap yard and some 1500 or 2000 grit paper to "refresh" the marring as you practice? Worked for me :D

Bill D
09-25-2004, 10:36 AM
Wait till spring

Megs is supposed to offer another detailing seminar at Pal Automotive in Piscataway again. You could always post an ad on the various forums offering to pay a "detailer tutor" to personally instruct you if you really, really want to try to get some hands on experience.

cheapshot
09-25-2004, 01:16 PM
bill d, Piscataway, nj? this spring? thats awsome i can`t wait. do they have a schedule that i could look up to confirm this. i am stoked, i wonder how much they charge. i don`t think the seminar will turn me "pro" but at least i have some instruction and a heads up. then i`ll run out buy a rotary and burn a few panels. lol!

Bill D
09-25-2004, 01:21 PM
No charge, we went to a seminar this past month. Anyone from a newbie to a skilled pro can enjoy it. As for scheduling, way too early to tell, not 100% definite either. This sping keep an eye on meguiarsonline.com. I assume Rod Kraft will be doing the seminar again. he took some time to instruct me using the rotary on my scrap fenders :D