PDA

View Full Version : The PC may be foolproof but my technique ain`t

jsoto
09-24-2004, 03:50 PM
I had some minor linear drying scratch marks that I wanted to polish out on my black car.

I did the full wash, clay, etc routine.

I went at it with 1Z PP (green can) with my PC and LC white pad. I followed up with AIO (white pad). It looked GREAT however it was an overcast day.

Once in the sun, the paint LOOKS WORSE than I started with. It either me not working the product in properly or moving/polishing with the PC technique. There are now a Zillion cobwebs/swirls and the black looks extremely hazy.

So I guess it`s trial and error but man....I hate praticing on my only ride .

weswar
09-24-2004, 03:57 PM
similar happened to me when i first started. Not priming the clean pad with QD was the problem

stevet
09-24-2004, 06:15 PM
There are many reasons this could have happened. Dirty pad, dirt on the car, Under working the product, over working the product, not enough product on the pad, and some others.

You are using two user friendly products in 1Z PP and Klasse AIO it shouldn`t be too hard to look over your methods and figure it out.

jeff5614
09-24-2004, 06:29 PM
I had a very similar experience with PP but I followed it with MP which took out the marring from the PP. There have been some threads on 1Z polishes lately that might be of help. Just do a search for them.

Accumulator
09-24-2004, 08:21 PM
Best advice I can give is to get some good lights so you can tell how you`re doing before you`ve gone very far. Work one panel until it`s right. Then you`ll know what to do on the rest of it. Don`t try to do the entire vehicle until you have your technique down pat.

Guesses at what might fix things: Try working the PP longer and use less of it. Work it until it`s almost dry. Get some MP or Wax Polish Soft since you have an unforgiving color. Don`t use AIO after 1Z stuff in your (present) case, just top it with something like Glanz, Meg`s #16 or maybe UPP.