PDA

View Full Version : My products list, suggestions wanted

sophmeat
09-24-2004, 01:18 PM
Gold Class Wash

Eagle One A2Z

Mother`s cleaner wax (came with my clay, use it on wheels)

#16 (Winter topper)

#26 liquid (Topper for the rest of the year)

nXt tech wax

nXt protectant (Tire dressing)

3m SMR for dark cars

3m fine cut

Megs Final Inspection

Woolite

Lexol twins

On order soon

PlastX

more clay

DACP

If i win a bid, a PC ^_^

If I win the PC, what pads do you guys recommend?

And also, keeping everything I have here in mind, is there much else I really need? I think I`ve covered most of the bases for detailing right?

Any "must have" product recommendations? Keep in mind I dont want to totally change up my stuff till it runs out.

I`ve got a metallic dark blue car if that helps, but I`m starting to do other people`s cars for pocket cash. Just wanna know what else you guys think I could use.

shaf
09-25-2004, 12:47 AM
Looks pretty well equipped to me... although I`m not sure I would have bothered buying #2 if you were planning on DACP. And having both SMR and #9 is redundant. Make sure you have enough applicator pads and a good supply of MFs. At the height of detailing you may find yourself running short sometimes. If you are buying a PC try to get a few extra pads (LC or Megs are fine), especially the more commonly used polishing pads. Fewer of the other pads usually.

hirosh
09-25-2004, 01:04 AM
just something to think about, some people have difficulty with #7 Show Car Glaze and have found #81 Hand Polish to be a good substitute. or you might want to read this post if you have problems with #7

http://www.autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23740

other than that, it looks good. and like 4DSC said, if you get a PC, LC or Megs are good, and having extra pads will be good too. good luck. :)

sophmeat
09-25-2004, 04:55 AM
Yeah, I got #9 in addition to the SMR Dark cars, because I had the latter first, and then had to detail a light colored car :nixweiss

4DSC, what are you talking about #2? Also, having read a few threads on it, is the consensus that Target MFs are paint safe?

Hirosh, thanks for the #7 thread, I do actually find that mofo to be a pain in the *** >_<.

Accumulator
09-25-2004, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by sophmeat

...[regarding the].. #7 , I do actually find that mofo to be a pain in the *** >_<.

Easiest product of that type (IMO) is Meg`s #5, then the #81, then #3. The #5 dusts more but it`s soooo easy to use, just wipe it on and let it dry (that one really *does* dry, unlike the #7).

Instead of the DACP I`d use the 3M PI-III RC (054933), which is similar to your Fine Cut, followed by their PI-III MG (05937) or even your #9. Or look into the 1z line. DACP is just too user-unfriendly for me. I`d pick the RC/Fine Cut over DACP any day.