PDA

View Full Version : How often to leather condition

jsoto
09-24-2004, 01:04 PM
Monthly, Quarterly ?

October is right around the corner. I`m not sure what the *temperature* minimum is for leather to effectively absorb conditioner so...

What is your leather detailing regimine ?

I`m planning to give it a nice heavy coat so that the leather can be as supple & moisturized as much as possible during the winter months.

I`ve Klassing the winter wheels as we speak <g>.

imported_BretFraz
09-24-2004, 01:07 PM
You can do it pretty much as often as you want. With coated leather the conditioner sits on top of the leather and excess is evaporated or absorbed by your clothes. With uncoated leather excess conditioner will rise to the surface and the above will happen, or it will look blotchy and smeary.

RedondoV6
09-24-2004, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by jsoto

Monthly, Quarterly ?

October is right around the corner. I`m not sure what the *temperature* minimum is for leather to effectively absorb conditioner so...

What is your leather detailing regimine ?

I`m planning to give it a nice heavy coat so that the leather can be as supple & moisturized as much as possible during the winter months.

I`ve Klassing the winter wheels as we speak <g>.

Jsoto,

I condition my seats about once a month, but I use a light non-oily lotion type conditioner (Zaino Z10). There are some very rich oily conditioners on the market, I`m not sure I would use those as often.