PDA

View Full Version : Souveran Paste VS. 4* UPP

Pages : [1] 2

T. Perinne
09-24-2004, 12:03 PM
After much reading regarding UPP, this is what I`m really curious about. To those with experience... what are you opinions between Souveran and UPP as a LSP? Compare looks, I know which is more durable. I also know UPP is a sealent but its supposed to have that carnuba look to it.

Assume good prep with an AIO base on black paint...

Thanks!

JasonD
09-24-2004, 12:10 PM
Hmmm, sounds like another Wolfgang product to me.

T. Perinne
09-24-2004, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by JDookie

:confused: Are you suggesting a Wolfgang product over either UPP or Souveran?

JasonD
09-24-2004, 12:21 PM
Oh no, not all. I apologize for making it sound like that. I was reading your description of the UPP being a sealant with a carnauba *look* and it`s the exact same description Wolfgang gives on their site. Just making an observation, that`s all.

T. Perinne
09-24-2004, 12:31 PM
No problem... I follow you now. I like the Wolfgang products, I just see more praise for UPP and Souveran. I have Souveran and see so much good info about UPP that I`m undecided as to what I want to try first - plus I tend to stick with one process for a while.

Accumulator
09-24-2004, 12:43 PM
I find UPP to be more "shiny"/reflective on metallics, while Souveran is "deeper" and "richer". The UPP is much more slick. Sometimes the Souveran can even feel a bit "tacky" after a while (this was on the Jag where the hood gets *very* hot though).

The Souveran doesn`t darken the finish on my cars as much as the UPP, sorta weird since it still gives a "richer/deeper" look, but that`s how I see it. The Souveran seems a little "clearer" somehow.

Hope the above doesn`t sound to contradictory, but I`ve used them both on several vehicles (so I could compare how each car looked with each product) and that`s how I`d express my observations.

Jngrbrdman
09-24-2004, 12:55 PM
UPP isn`t a new product. It predates Wolfgang by a couple years. Products like Blackfire, UPP and Wolfgang are there for people who want durability but also really good looks. Personally I would give the nod to UPP in a couple areas, but as far as appearance goes, i haven`t found a sealant that beats Wolfgang. My opinion is that I haven`t used a sealant or wax that looks better than straight WG. UPP topped with Souveran looks pretty damn nice, but its extra steps that you have to take that WG accomplishes with one. Since we are talking about appearance here, you have to remember that art is in the eye of the beholder. What I think looks great may not be your cup of tea at all. I really don`t know of a carnauba that can hold its own compared to any of those sealants, though. Maybe on certian colors it would look better to just have Souveran on it, but you lose the durability and really don`t gain much in appearance.

Scottwax
09-24-2004, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by JDookie

4* UPP was out before Wolfgang. ;)

I`ve used both all three products. I really like them all. The only real drawback to UPP is the version I have specifies a 45-60 minute wait until you remove the excess. Most of the time, I just can`t use a product that requires such a long wait. Wolfgang you can apply to the whole car then remove and Souveran, a panel at a time then remove.

UPP is a more glassy wet look to me and incredibly slick. Wolfgang looks very `rich` and a bit softer, very carnauba like.

Souveran is amazing on black, red and other dark colors, a real deep, wet glow.

autoweenie
09-24-2004, 02:28 PM
I really really like UPP because of its slickness.

I really can`t tell the difference between sourveran alone vs

UPP alone vs UPP/sourveran. (but I think UPP is a tad more

reflective.)

However, topping UPP with sourveran will negate the slickness.

(I still do it from time to time.)

Sourveran smells heavenly, though.

The only problem with UPP is that one time my MF slid off the

hood of my car. I picked it up and proceeded to buff the rest

of the car and got some marrings because of that. I really

blame the manufacturer for making that darn thing so slick. They really should have a warning on their label stating that the product may cause MF`s to slide off the car and that you should not use your towel after that. Where I can get a lawyer to sue

4 stars? If I win big like that McDonald`s lady, I promise to buy

each Autopian member here a can of Zymol`s estate tax (or

his/her choice of wax/sealant).

I have never used Wolfgang. My wife will divorce me surely if I get another car wax/sealant.

T. Perinne
09-24-2004, 02:55 PM
All great info...

I thought I had it clinched when I bought the Klasse Twins and Souveran paste but this Four Star UPP keeps coming up in the forums with such great reviews! I know I can try both seperatley but I prefer to pick one process and stick with it.

The thing about UPP that appeals to me is the slickness (big plus) advantage over Klasse/Souveran.

autoweenie
09-24-2004, 03:04 PM
Sir, if you are as sick as the rest of us (I suspect you are),

you will be switching constantly between the two combos

(perhaps, with some claying and minor polishing in between).

On the other hand, you can try one combo on your car and offer to do another combo on one of your friend`s car just to see how they compare- now that is sick.

If I were you, I will go ahead and get both combo`s (premiumautocare has them all stocked - great place to buy)

and enjoy.

PS: In my opinion, AIO and UPP are not mutually exclusive. I

always use AIO as base.

T. Perinne
09-24-2004, 03:16 PM
Thanks! And yes, I am that sick :D

For the $13 I will definitely get the UPP...

I have to see for myself how AIO + SG + Souveran compares to just AIO + UPP... there is much less effort and money involved in the latter!

grt1today
09-24-2004, 05:05 PM
Definetely use your AIO as a base before the UPP...

MattZ28
09-24-2004, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by Scottwax

4* UPP was out before Wolfgang. ;)

I`ve used both all three products. I really like them all. The only real drawback to UPP is the version I have specifies a 45-60 minute wait until you remove the excess. Most of the time, I just can`t use a product that requires such a long wait. Wolfgang you can apply to the whole car then remove and Souveran, a panel at a time then remove.

UPP is a more glassy wet look to me and incredibly slick. Wolfgang looks very `rich` and a bit softer, very carnauba like.

Souveran is amazing on black, red and other dark colors, a real deep, wet glow.

Scott, the UPP I have (don`t know which one you have, maybe mine`s newer? ) specifies a 15 minute cure time. Maybe they changed it :nixweiss

slov98
09-24-2004, 06:04 PM
I`m getting UPP next week, WG is very slick initially but not after a wash, I hope it`s different with UPP