PDA

View Full Version : 4* UPC by PC, Please help Newbie

imported_smprince1
09-24-2004, 09:56 AM
Greetings all,

I am a Newbie to autopia and detailing, and this is my first post. Thanks to all others for all their posts, as I have learned greatly from all the information available here. I hope to start a new hobby keeping my family`s cars looking their best and protecting the finish as long as possible.

I purchased the 4* Ultimate Paint Kit from Premium Auto Care. I am about to start on my F-150 S`crew which is about 1 year old and has only been regular Walmart-type stuff washed and waxed up to now. No major swirls or scratches that I can see, but the paint does show just normal dulling and abuse from exposure due to daily driving and outdoor parking.

I intend to wash, clay, UPC and then UPP (hopefully X 2 or 3 within a week or two).

My specific question is how to get best results from UPC with PC. I have the SONUS kit and 7424, but have never used them before.

The instructions for UPC via PAC say to "Spread Ultimate Paint Pre-Cleaner very thin. Allow to dry to a haze and then remove residue with a high quality microfiber towel." But I intend to use a PC to apply UPC since I have learned from this site that better cleaning and polishing would be achieved via machine than by hand. Therefore, I am not techinically not just wiping on and let dry to a haze, as I believe I need to work this product into the finish a little to get the most out of this step? Dry to a haze doesn`t seem to apply if using a PC.

Which pad(s) do you recommend?

What method would you recommend for applying the UPC by PC?

Any other general "tricks" or advice you can suggest with these products?

I intend to remove all residue by hand with MF supplied in kit.

Thanks in advance for any advice.