PDA

View Full Version : Does your business slow down & pick-up when...

Luv-N-It
10-27-2004, 02:52 PM
At spring when the weather breaks...then right after the first snow when the cars/vehicles get all the road grime/salt build up showing on them-then as needed from people wanting it done for some other reason?

Just curious, I`ve got about five vehicles to do (so they say) and it seems like when I see these people here or there and ask them when would they like cars done, they keep saying soon.

I respond, thank you and I look forward to the opportunity.

Anyone else had experiences like this or share your history. :)

Luv-N-It
10-28-2004, 12:52 PM
ok...everyone`s business is just steady as she goes... :ticked :)

Jug Head
10-28-2004, 01:02 PM
lol--well i`m booked about a week out every week--if that makes sense. I do some piggy backing on wash and waxes in with the full details--that way if one cancels--worst case--I go home before Midnight.. But as for slow down--people call and ask if i can do there cars--I tell them I`m booked till next wensday--if they want that spot I will write them in--works pretty good- Lets them know they can`t just show up--and helps me plan my week. I just go day by day like that--If the rain hits-- I use that time to do some regular contract customers I have (church buses, car lots, police cars) -- but all and all it`s been pretty steady.

Luv-N-It
10-28-2004, 01:08 PM
Good for you. Guess that`s why you do it full time? Just a part-time business for me. My goal is to stay busy, specifically doing one vehicle a week. So far so good, but it seems like I don`t get a call or a confirmation to do one until the weekend approaches. So far so good-staying busy in my book, however, I would like to book more work not having to "wonder" as much when I`ll get a call.

Luv-N-It
10-28-2004, 01:09 PM
I`ve only started this thing about six weeks ago and I`m averaging 2 week. :)

G35stilez
10-28-2004, 01:58 PM
I`m booked until it snows :)

I plan on starting back up as soon as the snow melts. I have a lot of Spring flyers to send out then :)

But yeah, since I`m mobile and in the Northeast, I am limited to what I can do.

Luv-N-It
10-28-2004, 02:01 PM
I was just curious if I`m the only one or what, or can this be expected just starting out? How long have you been doing it GSR?

Labster
10-29-2004, 08:55 AM
I just got started at the end of June and things were pretty slow for about the first month. I probably only had 1 a week if I was lucky. I was doing it PT so I didn`t mind much. Right now I usually schedule my details starting monday so that I can work around my valet job which is where I`ve found some clients.
Right now I`m booked for the next month and then I`ll probably do a few more once the weather turns because my one customer has a heated storage unit where he has me work sometimes.
What part of ohio are you in?

G35stilez
10-29-2004, 11:33 AM
Been doing it professionally for 2 years.

This year was much busier than last.

Luv-N-It
10-30-2004, 09:36 AM
I live in Columbus. I was just curious as to how long it takes to build a clientel up. I would like to do 50-60 a year.

bigron62
10-30-2004, 11:16 AM
suprisingly ive been pretty steady . im part time like you . sometimes im swamped and i get burned out like this last month i spent every weekend doing cars but today it looks like im going to get a break . my customers usually start calling thursday and friday so i dont get too worried anymore . i use my down time to clean the garage and get ready for the next barrage of cars .. good luck

karwaxer
10-30-2004, 05:52 PM
hi guys im in on long island and i have had my mobile business for 20 years i consider my self a part timer because i have a regular job but my hours enable me to detail every day ( i work 4am to 12:30 pm ) i started out doing only a few cars a week but now i do at least 1 full service a day and i am booked 1 - 2 weeks in advance and i work march thru the 3rd week in dec. up intil the first real freeze then i empty my equiptment out of my van and put it in storage even though it seems like a lot of work i cant bring myself to turn work away so sometimes i even double up cars good luck, frank

tubafeak
10-30-2004, 10:57 PM
Go Columbus! I live in Dublin, and I`ve been having a heck of a time finding anyone to get jobs from. Apparently all of the cars at my school are :hah flawless ( HA HA HA HA HA). For people with so much money you think they`d be less cheap. :ticked Oh well, spring`s coming.

Josh
11-04-2004, 12:54 PM
Go Columbus! I live in Dublin, and I`ve been having a heck of a time finding anyone to get jobs from. Apparently all of the cars at my school are :hah flawless ( HA HA HA HA HA). For people with so much money you think they`d be less cheap. :ticked Oh well, spring`s coming.

Yeah i hear that, I roll in dubs Ohio.

The kids at my school are straight up fools. I seriously offer a full detail for around 75.
Thats clay, polish,polish,sealant,wax and interior.

Even though everyone at scioto owns an audi or bimmer i still only get like one detail or two a week. And theyre usually just wash `n waxes...

Oh well, i make my money back at Immke detailing salesmens cars ehhehe.

ALSO
Do you know of any really good place in the area to pick up stuff around dublin or columbus?
I`ve tried advanced auto parts, napa, meijer, etc and still can`t find jack.
Its really a pain in the ass for me having to order just about everything online here or at autopia, ya know.
So let me know if you have any desire to product swap or know of any good places to find s100 or poorboys or clearkote products...

tubafeak
11-04-2004, 05:47 PM
Zettler Ace Hardware on Hard road has the full Meg`s Line, and lots else. I was really surprised.

BTW, just to prove that kids are idiots, I offered to do my friend`s Beemer 325iL for the cost of products, everything, and he still just has MAG do it for like $50 (just wash and wax). This is one of my best friends, what the heck is that?