PDA

View Full Version : New theory on glass cleaning towels...

Pages : [1] 2

SilverLexus
09-23-2004, 06:29 PM
I am starting to believe that the traditional MF glass cleaning towels with the short nap are not as good as longer fibered towels. My observation is largely based on the performance of Viking glass cleaning MF versus numerous short nap towels I have.

What do you think? Am I crazy?

I think the shorter nap may lead to some periodic streaking. I see this periodically (I use Stoners Invisible Glass and Sprayway for cleaners) but never with the Viking towels.

I really think the conventional wisdom may be wrong here. I will be trying CMA`s Dragon Fibre soon...

Antonio Wright
09-23-2004, 06:43 PM
I am going to have to agree. I have the poorboys towels. They are very, very thin and are not really effective at cleaning. The towels streak way too much. Now, the Meguiars Ultimate Wipe on the other hand is fire. <- That is a good thing. :cool:

SilverLexus
09-23-2004, 07:08 PM
I have the poorboys towels. They are very, very thin and are not really effective at cleaning. The towels streak way too much.

Funny you mention this. The PB towels are some of the ones I tried. I did not like them at all.

mtodde
09-23-2004, 07:23 PM
I like MOST of the PB microfiber, but the glass towel is one I could do without. The other one towels in the kit I bought have all been great.

I`ve had the best luck using the Cobra mf towel from Autogeek on glass so far. It is heavy enough to use for difficult areas and I can do the entire interior and exterior with 2 towels (one to clean & one to buff). I just got some similar mf from 4*...these aren`t really for buffing off wax, but more for cleaning and buffing your dash, leather, etc.

The Sonus MF is my favorite overall...but they are too good to use for glass.

stevet
09-23-2004, 07:30 PM
I find Waffle Weave MF to be the best for windows and it has no nap at all.

SilverLexus
09-23-2004, 07:31 PM
I will have to try the Cobra MF.

imported_perry
09-23-2004, 08:20 PM
I`ve found that I like Scott shop towels (the disposable blue super-duty paper towels) for window cleaning just as much as I like my microfiber towels.. No lint, and they clean pretty good IMHO.

I saw an Eagle One or Black Magic (forget) brand window towel at Wal-Mart the other night... really thin material, felt pretty slick. They described the material as microsomething.. Didn`t impress me enough to wanna check one out.

imported_ajbarnes
09-23-2004, 09:47 PM
I have found that the regular MF you can get from Walmart matched up with some IG really works well.

carcrazy22
09-23-2004, 09:57 PM
Black Magic Glass cleaning towels - no nap, no lint, good absorber :up Works great with Stoner IG or EO 20/20.

SilverLexus
09-24-2004, 09:37 AM
CarCrazy,

I have the Black Magic towel and I really don`t like it. This was one of the towels that has led me to question the value of a short napped towel.

The Viper glass cleaning towel is the best I have used so far. PakShak ultrafine does great as well but it is too expensive for daily glass use IMHO.

By the way, I meant to say Viper in the first thread, not Viking. Sorry for any confusion.

Bill D
09-24-2004, 10:25 AM
The Detailers Paradise ( Norwex) glass towels are wonderful: cleans a supposedly spotless window even when dry, I was shocked what come off the towel. Used damp or with a glass clean, it`s terrific :up

tom p.
09-24-2004, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by Bill D

The Detailers Paradise ( Norwex) glass towels are wonderful: cleans a supposedly spotless window even when dry, I was shocked what come off the towel. Used damp or with a glass clean, it`s terrific :up

--a great glass towel for the perfectionist! :bow

jmsc
09-24-2004, 11:01 AM
gets my vote of confidence also. It is pricey, has no nap but is constructed for 1 wipe-off performance. I used my Gold CMA glass cleaning MF wet and finished it off using the Norwex as a final 1-wipe dry. Spotless, no streaking, very clear windows. Highly recommend it for those who do not want a streaky windshield.

carcrazy22
09-24-2004, 11:45 AM
Well my Black magic towels are new ( used 3 times only so far) so I am getting results so far and I am washing them after every use.

I heard good reviews about Glass Cleaning towel from SMP (http://www.specialtymotoring.com/microfiber.htm). Yet I have to try it.

SilverLexus
09-24-2004, 03:47 PM
The Detailers Paradise ( Norwex) glass towels are wonderful: cleans a supposedly spotless window even when dry, I was shocked what come off the towel. Used damp or with a glass clean, it`s terrific

I looked for the Norwex on DP and could not find it...do you have a link Bill?