PDA

View Full Version : Leather and vinyl treatment for a new car

The White Miata
09-23-2004, 12:36 PM
I have just purchased a new 2005 Mercedes-Benz E320 CDI. The seats are all-leather. I am wondering if I should do anything on the inside right now:

(1) Should I treat the leather now, or do nothing for a while? (Note: I normally use Zaino leather cleaner and Zaino leather treatment).

(2) Should I treat the vinyl now with 303 Aerospace Protectant for UV protection, or wait on that for a while also?

(3) Is the 303 the right product for both the "hard" vinyl on the dash and the "soft" vinyl on the doors?

It would seem to me that I should let the leather wait, but give the vinyl a 303 treatment now for protection.........but I am looking for some expert guidance before I do anything.

Thanks!

Mike

svanderbilt
09-23-2004, 12:41 PM
Hi Mike, you`re right, it`s too early for conditioning and cleaning. The leather is already perfectly hydrated. Aerospace 303 is a good idea. Protects from UV rays and stains like you said. I put 303 right away upon taking delivery of my new Audi.

I like Aerospace 303 because I can go "4 wheelin`" on the interior of the car; meaning I can go from dash, to doors, to leather to pleather without having to change products;-)

http://www.303products.com/a_graphics/protectant_group_white.gif

togwt
09-23-2004, 01:21 PM
~One mans opinion / observations~

I usually clean/condition leather seats very 2-3 months and apply UVR protection every 3rd month, although I’ll admit we do have more sunlight/heat to dry out leather (FL)

Q: How long has the vehicle been in shipping / sitting on the dealership lot and why is it soon to condition the leather?

~Hope this helps~

Knowledge unshared is experience wasted

justadumbarchitect / so I question everything/ Jon

kustomsol
09-25-2004, 11:22 PM
The definitive answer would probably come from Sal Zaino, but when I took delivery of my new Lexus LS430 2 years ago, I detailed the entire car with Zaino products including using Zaino`s Leather In A Bottle. I`ve never regretted it and I do keep my LS cleaned, polished, and "dressed".