PDA

View Full Version : Product Storage during winter

AudiOn19s
09-23-2004, 12:29 PM
Where does everyone store products in the winter and what is the best temperature range?

I`ve been detailing on the side all summer now and most of my products and equipment stay in the trunk and backseat of my car all of the time. I`m lucky enough that my full time job my car sits in a covered garage and I have a garage for the car at night BUT this doesn`t always guarantee temprature control. Now that winter is near I`m concerned that keeping products in the trunk could cause bad things. Plus now that I`m constantly going through lots of product I`ve always got extra stuff in the garage in boxes ready to use when I run out of something. Is it best to throw everything in the basement when it starts to get really cold as it`s a more controlled environment for everything? Could I run into problems if I leave stuff in my trunk that is exposed to extreme cold?

Thanks for any feedback on this issue. There`s always the closet in the spare bedroom BUT there`s already pleanty of stuff in there.

Andy

ZaneO
09-23-2004, 12:54 PM
I would store my stuff inside, if you know the weather will be consistently below 40-50 degrees.

AudiOn19s
09-23-2004, 12:58 PM
The wife`s gonna be mad...but she`ll get over it.

Funny part is...If I`ve got a customer that wants me to top with Soveran that day, rather than leave my precious Soveran in the car I`ll throw it in my brief case and carry it into work...people think that I`m nuts when I open up my briefcase and they see a container of wax in there....just trying to protect my investment.

Andy

SK2003TypeS
09-23-2004, 01:44 PM
Get one or two of those big storage containers from Target and bring it all inside. The Souveran in the briefcase is nice !...lol :D I almost bought a case of Invisible glass and planned to store it in my filecabinet at work.

togwt
09-23-2004, 01:44 PM
~One mans opinion / observations~

I usually store Carnauba wax in a refrigerator (even temp/humidity) cold is not a problem here but most detailing products should be stored at room temp (approx. 70oF)

~Hope this helps~

Knowledge unshared is experience wasted

justadumbarchitect / so I question everything/ Jon

keighbear
09-26-2004, 09:53 PM
I would definately keep the product from freezing. i`ve had problems with product separating after remaining at extremely low tempertures for long periods.

Scott P
09-27-2004, 07:42 AM
All my stuff gets moved to the bsement for the winter. Hopefully, I`ll have my garage remodeled and heated by next winter so I won`t have to go through that extra work.