PDA

View Full Version : HELP Newbie with Black Single Stage paint help

Fly2Far
09-23-2004, 11:24 AM
I`m a first time poster, but I`ve been lurking for a while. I get migranes just trying to absorb the wealth of information and porduct usage.

I have a black Lexus 92 with single stage paint. It has quite a bit of swirls and what looks like paint embeded spider webs.

I have a rotary and used MG fine cut cleaner to get some out and just obtained a PC 733sp.

I`ve also used AIO but have difficult time cleaning it. I used it on a rotary with a foam bonnet (I did not have my PC at the time) and it seems that is cakes up so bad that I can`t remove it. (I`m not doing it right that`s why I`m posting).

I had to go with a mirco fiber by hand to remove it. When applied SG over it it seemed that after I buffed by hand it left some spots darker than others I don`t know why and you can tell.

In the Sun light if I look at an angle I can see "circles"

I`m considering using the 3m Finess it II with a rotary

or the Marzena twins after which I will apply the Klasse twins followed by p21s

thanks for all your help

pontgta
09-23-2004, 12:19 PM
I would use the 3m MG with the rotary, and then follow up with a a wax. If you have any imperfections in the paint i would compound them first.

Claying would also be a good start.

One more note when you are using the rotary, make sure you are using the correct pad for the job.

When using a rotary with RC,and MG, stop the rotary when no more MG or RC left on the panel.