PDA

View Full Version : What to use to remove swirls from chrome?

////\oo/\\\\
09-22-2004, 03:23 PM
As the title says really, how do I get swirls out of chrome?

This actually for my bathroom, but I figured this was probably one of the best places to ask :rolleyes:

Damned flatmate cleaned my chrome taps with I think a normal sponge and some standard cleaner stuff, now they are covered in swirls :angry

I`ve only ever used MF and a proper chrome polish...

somebody come to the rescue...

thanks in advance:)

TGates
09-22-2004, 03:45 PM
Maybe 1Z Metal Polish? I haven`t actually tried it, and am not even sure it is safe for chrome, but it would be worth looking into perhaps.

flip2jetta
09-22-2004, 04:17 PM
Have you tried cleaning em the way you normally would? I think that should just do it, unless they scratched the hell out of it.

////\oo/\\\\
09-22-2004, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by flip2jetta

Have you tried cleaning em the way you normally would? I think that should just do it, unless they scratched the hell out of it. Yeah, I did that earlier hoping the same, made them nice and shiney, but the swirls are still there :(

I`ve been using One Grand Chrome Polish BTW...

////\oo/\\\\
09-22-2004, 06:11 PM
:thinker: Maybe I should go find a Harley forum...

No, not yet, I`m sure you guys will come through for me :D

I`ll post some pics tomorrow if I can get them to come out...

carcrazy22
09-22-2004, 06:29 PM
Before joining Autopia, i also created swirls in my chrome faucet using some cheap tissue paper. I tried EO Never Dull. I was able to reduce the scratch "looks" and they dont look bad. But I am not able to get rid of them :mad:

////\oo/\\\\
09-22-2004, 06:50 PM
`scuse my ingnorance but can you expand `EO` for me, living in the UK we don`t get quite a few of the products you guys in the states get - Porter Cable springs to mind for one :wall

travisdecpn
09-22-2004, 06:56 PM
EO=Eagle One. If that faucet is a Delta or Price Pfister it has a lifetime warranty on the finish, you can try calling them if you still have any of the paperwork on it. A Euro brand called Grohe also has a lifetime warranty. Before you try fixing the problem try contacting the manufacturer.

////\oo/\\\\
09-22-2004, 07:01 PM
Crosswater, if my memory serves correct, I shall look into their warranty, thanks for the tip :)