PDA

View Full Version : plastic polishes on cd/dvd`s

raymond_ho2002
09-22-2004, 01:26 PM
Anyone ever try meguiar`s plastx or plexus to fix skipping cd`s and dvd`s? I dont have either of these products and if i were to buy them, it would be primarily for this task. Any opinions on this application?

tpgsr
09-22-2004, 01:31 PM
yep, use any polish that will mildly polish, then clean it up with rubbing alcohol. It worked for me, well that or the cd player didn`t skip, but i will attribute it to polishing.

Other fun uses:

I polished my calculator that i sold on ebay, and was able to sell it as *new* since it had zero blemishes lol

Bill D
09-22-2004, 01:32 PM
I believe 303 makes a kit for exactly that

rd_volvo
09-22-2004, 02:42 PM
Use Plexus all the time on dvds and cds.

Especially the ones from Blockbuster. Almost always stops

the freezees.

BoxsterCharlie
09-22-2004, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by rd_volvo

Use Plexus all the time on dvds and cds.

Especially the ones from Blockbuster. Almost always stops

the freezees.

Bingo! :up

I`m a Netflix subscriber and I need to treat a couple each month. It`s rare in detailing that you get such a quantifiable benefit--it doesn`t just LOOK shinier--it allows you to keep watching a movie!

raymond_ho2002
09-22-2004, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by BoxsterCharlie

Bingo! :up

I`m a Netflix subscriber and I need to treat a couple each month. It`s rare in detailing that you get such a quantifiable benefit--it doesn`t just LOOK shinier--it allows you to keep watching a movie!

Netflix.. that`s exactly what I need it for. I get a few discs here and there that can`t read. The only thing I have right now is clearkote quikshine. Although it makes the discs look cleaner, so far it hasn`t alleviated any skipping problems. I hope i have as much luck with plexus as you guys have!

Cam
09-22-2004, 08:38 PM
I`ve used Meg`s PlastX to polish up CDs, DVDs, PS2 games for myself, friends & family, rental copies, all that. You gotta work it until it breaks down, but it`s good stuff... :up

Don
09-23-2004, 04:56 AM
I`ve used #82 to polish up a CD, and everytime I burn a new one, I coat it w/ #20 ...seems to keep them from getting dirty & skipping etc.

svanderbilt
09-23-2004, 12:58 PM
I like to take a compact disc, and work with All-In-One, my Porter Cable, and a mild polishing pad.

Then apply 3 layers of Sealant Glaze. But the cd surface is really lacking depth or that pop; you know, it`s tough to achieve on silver. So I apply a few layers of carnauba. Now the cd looks like it`s ready to be played.:D