PDA

View Full Version : Polish and glaze for black paint????

SuperVillian
09-22-2004, 11:46 AM
I need to order some more Klasse SG. While im at it I think I`m going to order some polish for my black C5. What would you guys suggest as a good polish to use by hand to try and get rid of some slight swirls?

Also what would you suggest for a glaze for black/clearcoat paint. I want something with no abrasives in it because I dont need a polish for the other cars I work on. I usually use Meguiars #7 Showcar Glaze, but I keep reading there may be better choices(can someone tell me why?).

TIA for any info you could share!

gav'spurplez
09-22-2004, 11:57 AM
if you want to stay with megs over the counter products you can go with megs # 9 swirl remover. it works well and has a low amount of abrasives. :D

SuperVillian
09-22-2004, 12:04 PM
Thanks,

I just use #7 because I like how it comes out, but i hear other people disagree with that. I dont need just over the counter stuff because I cant find Klasse anywhere around here so i have to order that anyway. So otc or anything from the web is fine to reccomend...

Can you buy Klasse at any local stores? Autozone, pepboys, autobarn, etc...?

gav'spurplez
09-22-2004, 12:07 PM
not to my knowledge. but # 9 works well and has a low amount of abrasives. i use the menzerna polishes and they work awesome.

you can look into the final polish 2 that they offer. low abrasives and a lot of shine :cool:

SuperVillian
09-22-2004, 12:20 PM
I`ll have to check them out :xyxthumbs