PDA

View Full Version : help

oaevo8u
09-22-2004, 12:35 AM
about to place a order for some p21s carnuba and autopia is out but they say pinnacle carnuba is better any oppinoins

wash-girl
09-22-2004, 10:05 AM
Pinnacle Souveran is generally regarded as one of the top pure caranauba pastes. However, it is about twice the price of P21S, and close to quadruple the price of P21S`s counterpart, S100. The P21S/S100 is an incredible wax, and if you have never used it before, you will probably find it the best looking wax you have ever used.

If you are already a conniseur of fine waxes and are just looking for subtleties on a show car, you may be in the market to try Souveran. If not, I would recommend waiting for them to re-stock on P21S, or head to your local Harley shop for its S100 twin ($14.95).

Alternatively, stick with buying from Autopia and go with the Meguiars #16 paste. It has been a favorite, this season, with many members stating its looks are comparable to P21S and its durability is better!

JasonD
09-22-2004, 03:26 PM
I have P21S and love it, and I recently purchased Pinnacle Souveran and love it even more. Pinnacle also sells their Signature wax which is supposed to be between the two. I say go for the Souveran if you want the absolute best, and the Signature if you want some that is as good or maybe better than P21S.

Also, use code PINNACLE for a 25% discount.

oaevo8u
09-23-2004, 08:54 PM
ok if the pinacle souveran is the shiznit will is stain my plastic or my trim on my car and what quick detailer would you reccomend for it, and would it be good to combine with the 1z products i intend on puting it on after glanz wax

JasonD
09-23-2004, 09:55 PM
No, it won`t stain plastic or rubber but I wouldn`t purposely rub it all over the place either. Try to keep it neat but don`t kill yourself doing it. I recommend Sonus Carnauba Spritz, great stuff.

As far as how it looks on top of 1Z products, you can expect something like this. The only difference is I skipped the MP and GW steps you will be doing, but I will be redoing this truck very soon and will include those two steps.

The only thing I`m not sure about is how long we need to wait between the GW and the PS. I will email 1Z and let you know, unless someone that already knows this answer could chime in for us.

http://www.autopia.org/gallery/data/500/5571f150_rear_quarter-med.jpg

http://www.autopia.org/gallery/data/500/5571f150_hood_reflection-med.jpg

nuwde
09-23-2004, 10:06 PM
jdookie your truck looks really really nice. mind sharing what else you used on it?

JasonD
09-23-2004, 10:09 PM
I don`t mind one bit, but I`d rather not hijack this thread from oaevo8u, so here`s a link to the thread I started concerning this detail. http://www.autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=44254 Enjoy!

oaevo8u
09-23-2004, 11:07 PM
Oh my god that is my gaol right there your truck is absolutly amazing if I can make my black evo look like that I would die:bow :shocked :cool: :eek: :up

JasonD
09-23-2004, 11:11 PM
And I don`t see any reason why you can`t. You have the right products, tools, and know-how. All that`s left is to get out there and go for it. And just think, yours *should* look even better because I left out two steps that you are going to do, so yours should be even more refined than mine.

Just plan on spending the entire day polishing. You see the side of the bed in the picture above? I spent an hour just polishing on that one panel. It had a few bad scratches that just HAD to come out. Take your time and don`t rush things. Also, make *sure* you are not in the sun. It will make your work 50 times harder and will make the polish dry too fast, thus not allow the polish to do its job and you will be disappointed in the results.

oaevo8u
09-23-2004, 11:14 PM
I certainly hope so and when I do ill send you some pics:bounce