PDA

View Full Version : Natty`s Question

TEGBOY
09-20-2004, 09:00 PM
I recently purchased a tub of the Natty`s wax, I followed the directions, I used a damn foam applicator to apply it. My question is this, when I was trying to get the Natty`s from the container, my foam sponge would bearly pick any of it up, its was all crumbly and wouldn`t stick. Made it difficult to apply to the car.

Is this normal??

Thanks

s2skimon
09-21-2004, 11:47 AM
I would not use a sponge, but rather a sponge applicator similar to this <http://store.yahoo.com/classic-motoring/jumapkit.html>

or cut a piece of dry MF towel

MattZ28
09-21-2004, 11:55 AM
Take a yellow foam Meguiar`s applicator, and cut it to size with a pair of scissors. As soon as you cut off the outer seam, you`ll have 2 thinner applicators sandwiched together :xyxthumbs

Big Leegr
09-21-2004, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by tegboy

its was all crumbly and wouldn`t stick. Made it difficult to apply to the car.

Is this normal??

It`s not normal compared to my experience. I`ve used it warm (left in the car a while before getting to use it) and cool (I put it in the fridge to store it- hey, I spend more money on wax than food, so I might as well make use of the fridge!) and it seems to come off similar to S100- a firm cake that leaves a kind of greasy film on the applicator, and it goes on very easily, covering a fender with just a swipe or two.

It may not look like it`s sticking to the applicator, but if you touch it, you`ll likely feel some on it. Again, this wax spreads easily and goes on thin, so if you`re used to "heavy" waxes, you may not think anything is going on the applicator.

Just my experiences with it. :nixweiss