PDA

View Full Version : Sealer for non-daily driver??

JDM99
09-20-2004, 02:31 PM
I have been reading some of the threads about how folks prepare their car for the winter. Is there any reason to put on a sealent even though my car will never see the snow, salt, or winter`s muck? Now, if you tell me my car will just LOOK better by doing this extra step, i`m all ears! My current routine is Vanilla Moose polish topped with S100. I have read some posts that using EX-P underneath the S100 (it is underneath, right?) will improve things.

Bill D
09-20-2004, 03:10 PM
Sure, my 89 coupe deville never sees bad weather, driven sparingly. I have the Klasse twins on it, will top with Souveran some time.

imported_The Uncle
09-20-2004, 04:36 PM
The answer to the original poster might (and I hope you more experienced posters will chime in) depend on the color of his vehicle. I`ve found that Klasse looks great without anything else on my Silver/Blue Acura. It just enhances the shine and makes it glow. My sister`s darker colored car seemed to look better with a wax final stage product.

In other words, some sealant types of products might make your car shine brighter and look better than S100.

kustomsol
09-21-2004, 09:32 AM
Zaino does the job on both my 77 Black Excalibur and My 91 Red Reatta. Both are "garage queens" being driving less than 5k a year, but I always get compliments on how great they look. The daily driver is an 02 silver Lexus which looks great with Zaino topped with carnuba. My impression has been that Zaino is probably the most durable sealant. But nothing wrong with Klasse.

gav'spurplez
09-22-2004, 12:06 PM
i use wolfgang concours for my daily driver, and it sits outside too :rolleyes:

it is a very good product, it has lasted 3 months with 3 coats on it. still beads nicely, still is slick after a wash and some duick detailer :D

togwt
09-22-2004, 12:39 PM
~One mans opinion / observations~

Light coloured vehicle paint: (to provide a clean bright shine) Klasse AIO / SG + Pinnacle Signature Series Wax

Dark colours (Red, Black or Porsche Speed Yellow and dark vehicle colours) Zanio Z5/ZFX + Pinnacle Souverän Wax- this is a low-solvent Carnauba wax that contains natural oils that provide a deep gloss, and a ‘wet-look’ to the paint film surface,

~Hope this helps~

Knowledge unshared is experience wasted

justadumbarchitect / so I question everything/ Jon

samhian
09-22-2004, 01:01 PM
I love the look of sealents by themselves. I used to top AIO/SG with S100, but I really didn`t like the final look on my red. I have VM and EX-P on my garage queen now, which doesn`t get driven in the winter, and S100 is not going near it. So far, this is the best combination that I have used.