PDA

View Full Version : LC Pad Delamination

EdLancer
09-20-2004, 10:49 AM
I have several LC flat DA pads and they are all delaminating around the center hole after 2-3 times of use. I notice that it is worse for coarser foams like yellow and white pads. It looks like LC uses a single layer glue technology on the loop material to adhere to the foam since I don`t see any foam material being lifted on the loop material in the delamination. This is the newer batch since they have larger loop material surface for the cookie cutting problem.

Any suggestions Eric ?

bufferman71
09-21-2004, 07:25 PM
the problem with the pads delaminating is that the loop is not designed to withstand the heat caused from the da. The da polisher creates more heat than the rotary buffer. The correct pads used for the polisher are the ones designed to withstand the heat formulated by the da polisherl

EdLancer
09-22-2004, 02:52 AM
Originally posted by bufferman71

the problem with the pads delaminating is that the loop is not designed to withstand the heat caused from the da. The da polisher creates more heat than the rotary buffer. The correct pads used for the polisher are the ones designed to withstand the heat formulated by the da polisherl

Are these pads were suppose to be designed for DA polishers ?:

45-537 7" 1 1/4" Yellow Cutting Pad

7" 1 1/4" White Polishing Pad

46-737 7" 1 1/4" Black Finessing Pad