PDA

View Full Version : What is the nest step for cob webs?

jason102873
09-19-2004, 09:09 PM
Today I got to use my PC for the first time. Loved it. Used 1ZMP figuring on removing the cob webs off of my factory black paint. No dice.Did half the hood and realized it wasn`t a strong enough cut ( orange cut pad and white polishing pad), so stopped using the MP to conserve it for a follow up on a harder cut. Auto store guy recommeded MG#1,#2, or #3, but figured they were too harsh. I am debating the following products:

-1Z PP

-3M PI III

-MG DACP

am open to any suggestions on the above products or anything different.

After researching a few reviews, I`m thinking DACP or 1Z PP. Very anxious to order tonight, but will await opinions/suggestions overnight (Like a kid in a candy store, can`t wait to play with the new toys )

Accumulator
09-20-2004, 09:42 AM
Yeah, unless you`re using a rotary, the MP is too mild for anything except very soft paint. It` snice as a final step or for routing maintenance though.

Two approaches that have worked well for me:

More aggressive- 1Z Ultra/Extra w/cutting pad, then 1Z PP with first cutting, then polishing pads.

Less aggressive- 3M PI-III RC (05933) first with cutting then with polishing pads, then 3M PI-III MG (05937) with polishing pad.

Either approach will work OK by PC and these products can also work fine by hand. Not too abrasive, despite the "rubbing comound" name. Probably no need to follow up with the MP but it wouldn`t hurt either.

jason102873
09-20-2004, 04:43 PM
Just ordered the 3M combo, hope it works. Very expensive! Was worried about it being to heavy of a cut, but seems that the people reviewing it says its bark is bigger thatn it`s bite.

JasonD
09-20-2004, 05:24 PM
It was only expensive because they only come in such large amounts. You will love that combo, it`s awesome.

Bill D
09-20-2004, 06:10 PM
Yeah too bad only 32 oz or gallon :(. I rounded out the PI III twins

myself :up