PDA

View Full Version : Megs new glass cleaner

dcswd
09-19-2004, 06:37 PM
I have been using Stoners Invisible Glass and Eagle One 20/20 for a while now. They are both nice, but I cant get just a gallon or so of them, and I dont feel like buying a ton of bottles of each. So, I have been looking for something else.

Meguiars Glass Cleaner is what I found. I was able to get 32oz of the concentrate, which dilutes to nearly 3 gallons of cleaner, so I`m set for a quite a while now. lol.

It works very well. It has a light scent to it, or maybe thats just chemicals? I`m not sure, but im probably not supposed to be smelling it much anyways. It wipes off of glass really fast also. I havnet noticed any problems with streaking so far, ive only used it for two days though. Overall, its a nice product and its very cheap for those who need a lot of glass cleaner.

I reccomend it!

NavindraLR
09-19-2004, 06:47 PM
so im guessing the window cleaner you are talking about is the one from the professional line? do u know if it is tint safe?

dcswd
09-19-2004, 07:08 PM
Yeah, this is the Detailer Line Glass cleaner... should be D-12001

They dont advertise "tint safe" all over the place, but after looking through the MOL forums, a few people have said that it is tint safe.

Gravedigger
09-19-2004, 07:42 PM
Delution rate for Detailer Glass concentrat is 10:1 therefore one gallon will make ELEVEN gallons of glass cleaner. I`m using distilled water and very pleased with results.

dcswd
09-19-2004, 07:45 PM
The dilution ratio is pretty big eh? lol

11 gallons is WAY to much for me. I think I might only use a couple gallons in a year. And a new glass cleaner might come out which I would want to try instead! So thats why I went with less.

http://www.autodetailingsolutions.com/Meguiar`s%20Detailer%20Line%20Prices.htm This is the only site that I know of that sells less than a gallon at a time. So it works out nicely for me.

jfelbab
09-19-2004, 09:09 PM
I initially thought the same thing. What would I do with 11 gallons of glass cleaner but this stuff works great in the home as well. My wife loves the stuff. It works on windows, mirrors, shower doors and appliances. At just over $1.50 per gallon the price is excellent as is the product.

09-20-2004, 09:53 AM
I love the stuff too!:xyxthumbs