PDA

View Full Version : 1zup and 1zpp

RonTL
09-19-2004, 06:11 PM
I did half my hood with 1zpp then nxt wax, then did the other half with just nxt wax. I thought the 1zpp was suppose to enhance the gloss as well as help hide minor swirls and scratches, i couldn`t see no difference in each side of the hood. Maybe i didn`t work it in enough. But the side i did with the 1zpp, was slicker than the other side, but no visible difference. It needed to be clayed, but i didn`t have any clay. If the 1zpp doesn`t really do much to make the paint glossier, then what can i use before the nxt wax to give it a better shine? maybe a good glaze.

And im going to be using izup for a truck (by hand). Do i work it in until its almost gone or dry? or do i just do about 15 strokes and wipe off and check my work.

ronnie

Accumulator
09-19-2004, 06:36 PM
Don`t know what to tell you about why you hood looks the way it does. PP always makes a big difference on anything I use it on.

With the UPP, work it until it`s about dry to break down the abrasives and be prepared to follow up with something milder as it usually leaves micromarring.

JasonD
09-19-2004, 08:53 PM
I don`t know if I would recommend these products for hand use. If you did your test by hand this is why you didn`t see any difference. I`d recommend getting a pc before you tackle UPP, besides you may not even need UPP. I used PP today to remove swirls and scratches out of my truck with no problem.

RonTL
09-19-2004, 08:54 PM
Thanks for the reply......:D

how do you know if its dry???? I worked it until i couldn`t really see it anymore and then wiped off, i did the same for the izpp. maybe i did something wrong.

Ronnie

RonTL
09-19-2004, 09:32 PM
:D Jdookie, you must have posted the same time i posted, because i didn`t see your post. Yeah that might be it, im going to be buying a pc real soon. what do you prefer, the sonus kit (orange, green, blue, grey) or the country (orange, white, grey) and is the green necessary to buy or not.

Im going to be practicing on a heavy oxidized 94 s10 truck and should i buy a yellow pad, sinced its more aggressive or should i just use the orange? Im going to be using the izup (or yellow if i should) with the orange and izpp with the white (or sonus blue).

Thanks, Ronnie

RonTL
09-19-2004, 09:33 PM
Sorry for that attached image, i was trying to see how you guys are getting pictures under your names. Could someone explain. THanks

JasonD
09-19-2004, 09:46 PM
Given the choice, and if price wasn`t a factor, I would buy the Sonus DAS kit. It comes with everything you need, backing plate, bonnets for wax removal, etc. The LC pads are nice but the Sonus pads are definitely a step up.

I`d start with UPP/orange pad, then PP/green pad. What will you use after this? If you use AIO (which I love), you would AIO/blue pad, then top with your sealant/wax.

If you go the LC pad route: UPP/yellow pad, PP/white pad, AIO/white pad, topper

Instead of AIO, you can also use 1ZMP, GEPC, or Sonus Paintwork Cleanser just to name a few.

Hope this helps.

Accumulator
09-20-2004, 09:45 AM
What JDookie said :xyxthumbs Though I generally do a quick pass with PP/cutting after the Ultra/cutting (and before PP/polishing). No biggie, just different techniques and I`m used to *very* hard clear.

RonTL
09-20-2004, 11:09 AM
I would have posted a while ago, but a lot of times when i try to log in, a page comes up and says page is unavailable. :nixweiss Thanks for the replies. I was just going to use the orange/izup and then blue/1zpp, then nxt wax. But now i think ill do the orange/1zup, green/1zpp, blue/1zmp. I think ill just buy the 1zmp since im using the other two einszett polishes anyways, or i might just buy some AIO and try that, and then im going to top with my nxt wax.

Any input (opinions) on my pre-wax step?

Another thing is, if im polishing with the 1z polishes on a single stage paint, wont paint come on the pads and wont that stain the<? With that clean up from the pads or not????

Thanks, Ronnie

P.S> Just realized the way you told me to use the pads, its kind of ironic. 1zup is in orange bottle and use with orange foam pad. 1zpp is in green bottle and use with green pad. The 1zmp is in red bottle, maybe with the red LC finishing pad. :xyxthumbs

JasonD
09-20-2004, 11:17 AM
Sounds like you are on the right track now! You may or may not need the 1ZMP step if you use AIO but it certainly can`t hurt. You may not see the results immediately but when the car is out in the sun you will be glad you did. Do MP and AIO both with the blue pad, and apply the NXT with the grey pad (if you have one). Just remember to work the products very slowly and don`t apply too much pressure. A good tip that was mentioned recently on the board was to hold the polisher by the head instead of the handle, it reduces vibration and it makes it easier to monitor how much pressure you are using. Also, start off at a low speed until your pad is loaded with product then work the polishes in at speed 5, sometimes 6 if you hit a really bad area, and you may also want to mist a little qd or water on the pad first just to make it easier to apply and spread (especially if you use AIO).