PDA

View Full Version : NXT Metal Polish shines

imported_Totoland Mach
09-19-2004, 05:53 PM
Thought I`d share my detail of the "inside" portion of my Halibrands using NXT Metal Polish and a cotton wheel drill attachment. This product is a very non-abrasive metal polish for billet aluminum (and other metals) and should be used as a "final" polish.http://www.autopia.org/gallery/data/500/13244nxt_techpolish_insideplusoutside.jpg

MattZ28
09-19-2004, 06:21 PM
Very nice...is this a new product? I`ve never seen it before.

imported_Totoland Mach
09-19-2004, 09:05 PM
Matt: yeppers...it`s pretty new and I don`t know if it`s available at the retail stores yet.

Mike Phillips had a special on the Meg`s On Line with free shipping (the cost of the polish is only $5 or $6). Check the MOL site for details.

It does a superb job on metal that is already polished but needs a final buff with little or no scratches.

imported_perry
09-19-2004, 09:06 PM
It seems like you really like this stuff :cool:

imported_Totoland Mach
09-19-2004, 09:25 PM
Perry: well, after: Simichrome, Maas, Wenol, Never Dull, Mother`s Billet, Meguiars Metal and a couple of others I could probably find in the garage...it seems this product is a winner.

Many moons ago, I was in the polishing and plating business (until the EPA got so restrictive with platers) and really appreciate the nice shine of polished aluminum.

Yep...like it...gonna get a re-supply soon.

Pats300zx
09-20-2004, 09:33 AM
Totoland..I have just about every metal polish that you listed...Mothers, Mothers Billet, Simichrome, Never Dull, Meguiars GC Metal Cleaner, Blue Magic...etc.

Is this product really much better than all of the above??? I have a TON of polished metal on my show car. I might have to give this a try.

HotRodGuy
09-20-2004, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by Pats300zx

Totoland..I have just about every metal polish that you listed...Mothers, Mothers Billet, Simichrome, Never Dull, Meguiars GC Metal Cleaner, Blue Magic...etc.

Is this product really much better than all of the above??? I have a TON of polished metal on my show car. I might have to give this a try.

From what I hear, no, however this product does have a protective coating in it :)

imported_Totoland Mach
09-20-2004, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by Pats300zx

Pats300zx: Like you, I`ve used a lot of the other brands and this one seems to work the best. It is definitely smoother in texture than the others (probably the lack of abrasive stuff) and applies easily.

I tend to use 2 cotton buffing wheels: spiral sewn for initial polish and "loose" sewn for final buff.

I`d say for the price...it`s worth a try (not like you`re buying Souveran LOL)