PDA

View Full Version : Windows anyone?

Pages : [1] 2

duke4ever
09-19-2004, 05:44 PM
Hi I`ve been killing my arms trying to clean the windshield of our van and SUV using regular Windex (actually its the vinegar one, green color) I was wondering if I should be using something else or is this ok? I just feel like I`m doing an enormous amount of work cleaning windows. I also clay bar the windows. Can anyone suggest a good window cleaner? Thanks

Thomas Dekany
09-19-2004, 05:48 PM
You can use a wet MF followed by a dry one, or VW, or AIO.

My grandmother used vinegar and newspaper for a streak free window.

Jonny_venus
09-19-2004, 06:08 PM
I use newspaper for the final buff, try it !

PK

Pats300zx
09-19-2004, 06:24 PM
You might want to try Stoner Invisible Glass or Eagle One 20/20. Both are excellent products when used with a micro fiber towel.

dcswd
09-19-2004, 06:29 PM
Invisible Glass and 20/20 are great products. A MF towel is what will make your job easy.

meguiars has a new window cleaner that works excellent as well. I just cleaned all of the glass on a 33` RV with it yesterday! www.autodetailingsolutions.com sells the concentrate in 32oz bottles (instead of just the gallon containers on megs web site). This is the new glass cleaner that im recommending.

duke4ever
09-19-2004, 06:50 PM
I use newspaper but only after I know its *clean* yeah it does work nice :) I`m gonna give Stoners or Eagles a try, I know Eagles wheel cleaner is amazing (used it today, for the 4th time and im almost out) so maybe their glass cleaner is just as good. I wish they sold the wheel cleaner by the gallon!

jaybs02
09-19-2004, 08:37 PM
I`ve been using Stoner`s and a MF :up

Cleans the glass up beautiful and I`m a smoker

imported_Sullybob
09-20-2004, 09:44 AM
I also recommend Stoners and a MF. Read and follow the directions. I liked it so much that I used it on my house windows.

KenSilver
09-20-2004, 05:23 PM
You can`t go past Mothers Chrome Polish, a liquid.

I`ve used it for over a year and nothing gets the windows cleaner faster. In fact, it`s the only product I`ve used where people have commented on, envied even, the cleanliness of my glass.

And it`s the only product I`ve used that is dead simple and easy to get on and off. I`ve gone through the years of messy newsprint, commercial window preps and all... none work as well as this.

It doesn`t leave a residue if you accidently go onto rubber, and it is super-easy to apply and wipe off.

For best results, leave till it dries - about a minute or less, before wiping off.

As for using MF on windows, I find it is only good for the final wipe. I`ve found small bug marks and water marks don`t come off that easily.

Ken Silver

--------------

1999 Mercedes SLK, 1999 Suzuki Grand Vitara, 1993 Mercedes SL500, 1991 Daimler (Vanden Plas). Finish detailing, then start all over again...

cheapshot
09-20-2004, 07:48 PM
i use stoner invisable glass and crumbled newsprint. if something does not like to come off such as stubborn bugs, tar, birdbombs ect. i just spray a lil` stoner on the spot, move to the next window, and come back with a mf towel wipes right off!

autoracer1
09-21-2004, 04:43 PM
For stubborn spots, liberally spray whatever window cleaner you use, then use a razor blade.

I have NEVER had scratching from that, and I`ve done it to many more cars than I wish to count.

TechSol
09-22-2004, 10:06 AM
I just picked up some SIG this weekend and I was very impressed with the results. I also used the 0000 steel wool technique to remove paint overspray and it removed marks I never thought were even on the surface of the glass. Now my wnidows went from looking like the worst part of my car, to one of the best.

boeman
09-22-2004, 10:19 AM
I use Eagle One 20/20 with an old claybar on the windows to start, then wipe down with and MF towel dampened with EO 20/20, wipe down with a dry MF towel, and to end it I will polish it with Zaino Glass polish.

I get good results with this combo!

carcrazy22
09-22-2004, 10:34 AM
check out this thread (http://www.autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=31674&highlight=window)

duke4ever
09-25-2004, 09:41 PM
I decided to take the crazyness one step further and try Mother`s Mag & Aluminium polish and damn it gets it clean for some reason I`d like to know why. Try a spot test, put some mothers mag & al polish on a peice of window, wipe on, wipe off then fog the window. the part you put mothers on doesnt fog! it`s pretty weird and amazing and its clean! I just don`t know the long term effects of putting polish on your windows...