PDA

View Full Version : Autoglym EGP

ohms69
09-19-2004, 02:00 PM
I`ve been layering this stuff over the last 3 days and have just completed the 3rd coat...All I can say is woooow!

This is my first time using a dedicated sealant, and I am absolutely amazed by the results. I started by using 3m PIII MP, not sure if you guys get this in the US. I started with the orange pad at no.6 on th PC with several passes all but the deepest scratches have dissapeared. I then went over the whole car again using the MP with a white pad again at no.6. I tried using a slower speed, but I feel that no.6 gets the job done in double quick time.

All of the swirls have gone!!:D

Next, I used a little talked about product again from the 3m range...PIII finishing glaze, I applied this with a finishing pad at no.5!! The shine at this stage was unbelievable!

Then I started layering the EGP, what I now have is a super shiny finish that looks as though it has a thin layer of glass all over it. Wet would be an understatement!

This stuff is the botox!!

I`m waiting for it to cure and then hitting it with a couple of coats of P21s, then it`s onto dressing the trim with the 303.

Pics will be posted as soon as it`s complete...Probably by the weekend.

How you pro`s manage to get all of this done in a single day defies belief...I`m sure I`ll get quicker with more practice...RESPECT!

:bow

Jonny_venus
09-19-2004, 02:06 PM
I agree EGP is an excellent product, just wait til you add the topper!!

PK

ohms69
09-19-2004, 03:14 PM
Can`t wait!!

How do you think the EGP compares to other such sealants on the market? I ask because not many people seem to use it, and personally, I can`t imagine there being a better product out there.

If there is I`d love to know about it!!

Is EGP truly one of the best kept secrets????;)

Lowejackson
09-19-2004, 03:33 PM
Both CMA and DavidB have said Resin & Gloss are the British versions of Klasse.

I have not tried Klasse but I have compared it to Zaino. Autoglym gives a slightly darker look and seems to do a better job of hiding (very) minor swirls.

Lowejackson
09-19-2004, 03:36 PM
696 threads with the word Autoglym, 6 of them today.

imported_perry
09-19-2004, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by Lowejackson

696 threads with the word Autoglym, 6 of them today.

For comparison, 6708 threads mentioning Klasse, 6920 mentioning Zaino... and Klasse`s lineup is much smaller. Seems like Autoglym is a secret :)

Glad to hear the glowing review as I have the Super Resin Polish and Extra Gloss Protection on order from David :)

liam
09-19-2004, 05:23 PM
i have been using autoglym products for a while now... i liek a layer of SRP then a layer of EGP, and top with a layer of mothers caranuba!! very smick! :D

Jonny_venus
09-19-2004, 06:02 PM
Believe this or not...... I have never used any other sealants, I have used almost 2 litres of this stuff on my car:shocked , over a 2 year period mind :xyxthumbs

I have not heard of any of our autopian chums use EGP, I have been meaning to write a review, but I never have the time:sosad

When I use EGP, I put it in a small spray bottle and mist the foam pad, I get great even coverage this way.

PK