PDA

View Full Version : 1Z Cockpit & Tiefenpfleger

Pages : [1] 2

Intercooled
09-18-2004, 11:23 AM
Has anyone used these products? I would like to try them out but they are not at a "try-out" price!

So I would like a little input on these products before I purchase.

Are the finishes mat or satin?

Durability?

Ease of use?

Also I have never used 303 either. I have been reading alot about 303 and it seems maybe 303 would take the place of both the 1Z products. Which way would you guys go?

I`m looking for a good interior dresser and black exterior trim dresser.

mtodde
09-18-2004, 11:38 AM
I love both of them. The finish is matte to my eyes...no gloss on my dash which makes everything look shiny (even PB Natural Look takes on a bit of a sheen).

They are pricey, but if you are after a matte look these are the best IMHO.

tom p.
09-18-2004, 11:42 AM
The 1Z Cockpit Premium is my "favorite new product for 2004". I really like it. I mist a little on an MF mitt and find it to be a simple and effective cleaning duo :up :up ...have not tried the other product.

NavindraLR
09-18-2004, 11:55 AM
i love both of these products... as a matter of fact, the ONLY products i use for ALL INTERIOR detailing are 1Z. even their window cleaner... just love there stuff, and it never lets you down... the Tiefenpfleger you can even use on exterior trim, and tires. the cockpit premium is awesome stuff... i recommend u try it out...and as said, it does not leave shiny grease s*** behind... perfect in the eyes of an autopian

RedondoV6
09-18-2004, 01:17 PM
I recently purcased the 1Z matte effect cockpit kit from Autopia and I have been very happy with it. The only product I am substituting one of the items with on a regular basis is Zaino Z10 for the 1Z leather care product, which although good, just does not smell as good as Z10 .. to my nose!

If you want something a lil` cheaper but still very good try PB`s NL.

Just my 2 cents..

Intercooled
09-18-2004, 01:38 PM
Sounds like the 1Z has some great products and I think I`m going to give them a try.

Are these products new?

tom p.
09-18-2004, 02:22 PM
Most have been around for a while, there are some new (to the USA) offerings. If you`re placing an order, don`t miss their QD product - - it`s supposed to be a real winner!

imported_CARFREAK
09-18-2004, 03:06 PM
Just about every product they make is a stand out.The two you mentioned are now my favourites and I don`t even think about trying anything else now,even after a year or so.They work so well and smell so good.

I think any 1Z product you buy will impress.

imported_jaobrien6
09-20-2004, 11:17 AM
Just want to make sure that you realize that Tiefenpfleger does NOT leave a matte finish, but definitely leaves some sheen. CP is very matte, no shine at all, and is the only thing i`ll use on my dash, now. The Tiefen is great for exterior trim, I think, because it`s pretty durable.

John

jeff5614
09-20-2004, 07:48 PM
:up to cockpit premium. It`s completely matte and my favorite interior product by far. I`m undecided as far as the smell goes but it doesn`t last long at all. It`s usually gone in an hour or so.

I like Lederplege or however you spell it for the seats also and it does smell nice.

SDLexus
09-22-2004, 02:38 PM
I just switched from Vinylex to 303 looking for the closest thing to a matte finish possible. I like the look of 303 but Cockpit Premium sounds like it has more of a matte finish. What about the UV protection? How does Cockpit Premium compare to 303 as far as UV protection is concerned?

imported_jaobrien6
09-22-2004, 03:00 PM
CP doesn`t have the UV protection of 303. According to Mike at 1Z in another thread, it has a little UV protection, but not as much as the Tiefenpfleger, for example.

Possibly you could use 303 from time to time for more UV protection, and then use CP more regularly to keep the gloss down.

John

4runnerGuy
09-22-2004, 09:06 PM
I guess I`ll be the devil`s advocate. I just recieved two bottles of cockpit premium from autopia along with my sonus pads. I went ahead and bought two bottles because the way in which the product was described sounded like exactly what I was looking for. I tried some out last night and wasn`t impressed. First of all the "fresh" scent smelled more like a worn out cabbie`s pine air freshener to me; so 1 demerit there. It did leave a fairly matte finish, but this product isn`t designed to be a protectant, and I hypothesize that the light to nonexsistent sheen is because it has minimal protectant qualities. I am going to go back to using QD on my plastic kick panels. My kick panels seem to be the only place that ends up needing spot touch up in between weekly washings and QD works like magic on them. My dash, stereo, and gauge cluster gets a healthy blast every day when I get off of work from the air duster I leave in one of my cup holds. The air duster heats up from sitting in your car all day and gives dust an atomic blast and prevents build up. My favorite light duty vinyl/leather cleaner is blue magic...and it`s avialable OTC at wal-mart.

slov98
09-23-2004, 05:36 PM
here is my review of cockpit premium that I posted under reviews"

This was my first time using this product, when the manufactures says it gently cleans, it literally means gently. Any small stains or scuff marks that I had are still there now. I didn`t see any difference afterwards but I`ve always kept the interior pretty clean, it did leave just a shine (very slight) that I actually didn`t mind. The smell is OK but it won`t make your car smell like `new` unless you use half the bottle, IMO.

I bought this while on sale, I will use it again but will try something else once I`m out.

3 days later, I have noticed no antistatic properties,same amount of dust as before.

Intercooled
09-23-2004, 06:04 PM
I just recieved my Cockpit premium today and a small bottle of 303. I did a side by side comparison:

The CP looks to be a little more mat.

The 303 has slightly more sheen.

The 303 seems to clean a bit more.

The smell of CP is kind of strange. has like a pledge smell. Not really lemon and it doesn`t really smell like a new car:nixweiss

The CP says nothing about UV protection.

I think I`m leaning towards using the 303 for interior vinyl & plastic.

These are just my observations and opinions.:D