PDA

View Full Version : Poorboy`s Natural Look. Thrilled with this product!

Pages : [1] 2

GoodnClean
09-18-2004, 12:40 AM
Hey everybody. For a long time I`ve been looking for a dash protectant with UV and to alleviate some of the dryness I`ve been noticing the dash getting lately. Its just been looking sort of blotchy to me. Well after long hard laboring decision making (I have never used a dash dressing before and love the stock matte look) I ordered some PB`s NL (and SSR1 and SSR2 and PwC :D ). It came today and I couldn`t wait to try it out. Its PERFECT! Exactly what I wanted, deepened the dash a little, evened it out but didn`t decrease the matte look at all. If anything it may have made it look more matte. Fantastic product, anyone that wants a gloss-less dash dressing this is your product.

I applied by MF applicator, let sit for a few seconds, smoothed out with a damp MF and buffed dry. Perfection!

RedondoV6
09-18-2004, 01:30 AM
I purchased some NL too and like it a lot, it has a place along side my 1Z cockpit premium and 303. Very good product at a good price!

The only gripe I have is the cherry scent, which although nice in itself, it conflicts with the wonderful leather scent I get from using Z10 on leather. For this reason I use NL in my cloth upholstered Taurus and the 1Z in my leather trimmed Honda Accord.

petraidm
09-18-2004, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by GoodnClean

Its PERFECT! Exactly what I wanted, deepened the dash a little, evened it out but didn`t decrease the matte look at all. If anything it may have made it look more matte. Fantastic product, anyone that wants a gloss-less dash dressing this is your product

I couldn`t agree more!

Mr. Clean
09-18-2004, 11:08 AM
Agreed :up NL is a great product, and the cherry smell doesn`t seem to linger long enough to be a problem for me.

I also use (and like) Meguiar`s #40 and 1Zs Cockpit Premium. I have, but have not yet used 1Z`s Tiefenpfleger.

NavindraLR
09-18-2004, 11:57 AM
sounds good... im gonna have to get some of that stuff now, to try it out...

GoodnClean
09-18-2004, 12:01 PM
I was also concerned about the cherry smell but it was gone within 10 minutes and the leather smell was back. I don`t think its designed to linger.

Really the 1Z Cockpit Premium and this are totally different products, the CP is a cleaner not a protectant or dressing.

NavindraLR
09-18-2004, 12:07 PM
i thought the cp has some protecting ability :nixweiss

so even tho 1z says all u have to do is use the Tiefenpfleger to protect, and the cp inbetween interior details, it would prob make sense to use the Tiefenpfleger again to protect??

Mmmph
09-18-2004, 12:08 PM
Per Steve @Poorboy`s World:

Leave the top off of the bottle for a day and the cherry smell will evaporate away.

I did this and found that it considerably lessened the cherry smell.

Another fine PB product,

RedondoV6
09-18-2004, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by Mmmph

Per Steve @Poorboy`s World:

Leave the top off of the bottle for a day and the cherry smell will evaporate away.

I did this and found that it considerably lessened the cherry smell.

Another fine PB product,

I tried this and it did not lessen the cherry scent .. go figure :nixweiss

mtodde
09-18-2004, 02:45 PM
Cockpit Premium does have mild UV protection. I use it as my weekly interior QD and use the Plastik-Reiniger to clean and Tiefenpfleger for protection once a month. The CP is mild enough that it does not appear to remove the Tiefenpfleger.

Corey Bit Spank
09-19-2004, 12:03 PM
I don`t know maybe I got a bad bottle but mine doesn`t smell like cherries.

I like it also. Very good, inexpensive product.

Steve, try it on your tires with a tire swipe. I think you`ll like the look!

RedondoV6
09-19-2004, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by Corey Bit Spank

I don`t know maybe I got a bad bottle but mine doesn`t smell like cherries.

I like it also. Very good, inexpensive product.

Steve, try it on your tires with a tire swipe. I think you`ll like the look!

Now thats interesting. Corey, When and where did you buy your NL? I purchased the 16oz bottle from Autogeeks around 6 weeks ago, strong cherry smell and all. Maybe the formulation has changed?

GoodnClean
09-19-2004, 02:01 PM
What color is yours Corey? Mine`s blue.

Corey Bit Spank
09-20-2004, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by GoodnClean

What color is yours Corey? Mine`s blue.

Mine is blue. I think I got it around april?

Wasatch
09-20-2004, 07:01 PM
Another awesome PBs product.