PDA

View Full Version : Which sppeds to use PC on what wax`s/sealants?

longarm
09-17-2004, 02:32 PM
Ok, I was wondering, to get the full desired effect of my work, and to benifet all the other newer people like me in here I wanted to ask the resident experts a couple of questions. When detailing using the PC, what speeds do you apply sealants and waxes, caranuba`s? What speeds do you use when removing? Like, what speed would you use when applying Klassie AIO, SG, or NXT, S100, ect...? Any insight from the more experianced residents in here would be most appreciated by someone like me who is still trying to learn from all of you. Thanks in advance, yall are great! :bow :xyxthumbs

Eliot Ness
09-17-2004, 02:43 PM
Here a link to a thread that Mike Philips from Meguiar`s posted about pads and speeds for Meguiar`s products.

Meguiar`s Link (http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2524)

It would be nice to have others post what they use for other product lines, of if something works better for them than is listed.

longarm
09-17-2004, 11:13 PM
Thanks for the link. What about Blackfire Polish/Sealants, Pinnacle Liqued Soverign, or P100?

Accumulator
09-18-2004, 12:42 PM
I apply stuff like the BF polish at speed 4-5. I like using a fast speed but if you go too fast the polish dries/flashes too fast and can be hard to buff off. If this happens, just go over it again at a lower speed (or maybe try a little QD).

I use 4-4.5 for all my LSPs. Again, if you go too fast it`ll flash too soon and be hard to buff off, so you`ll learn as you go. It`s not a huge problem and you can always just err on the side of caution and use a slightly lower speed. I can`t imagine 3 being too fast for any product.