PDA

View Full Version : Porche Paint Single Stage

joburnet
09-17-2004, 12:34 PM
I recently did a Porche Boxter, probably around an 01 model but I didn`t ask. I polished it with DACP and a PC with Polishing Pad and to my surprise the pad started turning red(the color of the Car). To me this means that it`s a single stage paint but I was very surprised because I would have assumed that it was clear coated. I don`t think it`s been painted since they have owned it and the paint was in good condition, very few swirl marks, scratches, or even smudges. Their previous detailer actually burned the paint in a raised spot on the hood and started polishing right through the paint to the metal in another spot where he was trying to get a scratch out:shocked When I was done the car looked amazing and they were very happy with it but I was just surprised that it was a single stage. Is this true for other types of cars and has anyone else noticed this?

imported_turbomangt
09-18-2004, 04:56 PM
I`m really suprised to hear that, since dual stage paint was introduced in the middle to late 70`s. I can only imagine it was repainted.

lbls1
09-18-2004, 06:03 PM
Believe it or not, I`ve seen a virgin base/clear run its color on a towel. My car was a day old from delivery, and I had it outside. A small bird dropping ended up on the car. When I wet dabbed it off, I saw the car color on the rag. I was surprised at first, but I didn`t panic, as nothing became of it in terms of damage.

It was surprising to learn, however, that this could happen.