PDA

View Full Version : Castrol Super Clean

joburnet
09-17-2004, 12:03 PM
I recently got this product based on the thread most underrated product in your arsenal. I got it from walmart for about $6 for a gallon, it`s in a big purple container in the automotive section.

I have a used 94 Mazda 626 that was abused by it`s previous owners so the carpets were very stained. I shampoo`d the bejesus out of the carpets when I first got it about 6 months ago with APC+ 12:1 and a bissell little green. That made a big difference but there were still a lot of stains that I couldn`t get out.

I used this stuff at about a 4:1 ratio to see what it could do. I sprayed it on the interior and let it sit for a few minutes and then rubbed it in with a grey and blue nylon brush, also a great product from walmart and costs <$2. Used the bissell little green and most of the stains were gone. I was completely surprised becasue I didn`t think I could ever get those stains out, I had tried folex and APC+ and they were still there.

My thoughts are that maybe it worked better because it was at a higher concentration then the APC+ but reguardless it is a great product that anyone can and should put in their arsenal. I haven`t found much about it on this forum which is why I created this thread but what I have read is that everyone who has tried it has liked it a lot.

Bill D
09-17-2004, 02:32 PM
This stuff has been in my arsenal forever. In higher concentrate I`ve removed oil stains from concrete :up

In much lower concetrates try it on your wheel wells and undercarriage. I keep it away from wheels and tires though, just too much margin of error/damage I`m comfortable with.

Nevertheless, it`s something good and something cheap and local for a change :up

Mmmph
09-17-2004, 02:36 PM
3-4 ounces added in the laundry really helps cut through wax/oil/grease on clothing and towels, without increasing the sudsing action.

a.k.a. Patrick
09-20-2004, 05:25 PM
here ya go ! (http://www.autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=36639&highlight=castrol)

I brag about this stuff as often as i can !

Blue Thunder
09-24-2004, 07:31 PM
Works great on the BBQ and even better on the stainless backsplash behind the stove when you fry a little to hard. But when you use it full strength wear gloves it will mess your hands (feel a MF towell after and see)

Dean