PDA

View Full Version : NONO smell

Buick_guy
09-17-2004, 08:18 AM
I have a customer that wants his interior cleaned, but he said that he wants some of that "smoking" smell out. I know that its not tobacco smoke, if you get my drift.

So would steam cleaning everything, and putting a carpet deoderizer on help at all?

Quick insite is appreciated.

Big Leegr
09-17-2004, 08:28 AM
Short term, steaming will probably "re-energize" the smell, as well, you probably don`t want to steam the headliner, as it may weaken the glue, causing the liner to fall.

As to the deodorizer, I guess it would depend on how effective it is. Some say they are deodorizers, but are basically covering up smells with their own, more powerful fragrance. I know there are some "smoke eater" type sprays available, but I`m not able to say which would work in your case, as I`ve not come accross it personally.

I`ve heard (not tried) that Meguiar`s has an odor "encapsulator" that`s supposed to be good. comes in a yellow bottle.

Good luck.

TortoiseAWD
09-17-2004, 08:49 AM
If there`s a janitorial supply store in your area, check to see if they rent out ozone generators. There`s been some talk of this in the past; a search on "ozone" and "smoke" should turn up most of the other threads.

BTW, one day rental from a shop here in Omaha, NE is $25 USD.

Tort

Buick_guy
09-17-2004, 08:51 AM
Thanks guys, anyone else know anything about this?