PDA

View Full Version : Tried something new with AIO & SG....

mgm2003
09-17-2004, 07:12 AM
I was board last night and decided to try something new with the Klasse Twins. I broke out the PC w/white polishing pad and misted with AIO -about 3 quick shots, then 1 mist of SG. I worked the paned (3-4 minutes) set 4-5.

Here`s what I noticed:

1) It produced a VERY wet look on my black truck as well as my white car.

2) You could work the product until it nearly disappeared.

3) Wipe off was easy. This was done as soon as I finished with the PC.

Has anyone else tried this? I`m wondering about the durability. I typically don`t mix products, but have to say it produced very nice looking results.

carcrazy22
09-17-2004, 07:19 AM
:showpics

mgm2003
09-17-2004, 07:32 AM
Sorry. No pics. If you have these products, try for yourself and see the results first hand.

s2skimon
09-17-2004, 07:53 AM
thanks.. i`ll have to give it a try

LOTA OT
09-17-2004, 09:42 AM
Isn`t that just a waste of SG? Wouldn`t the cleaners in AIO just negate any additional protection the SG might have added?

Would be interesting to see the durability of a panel half done with AIO alon and half with your method.

Keep us posted.

Michael

svanderbilt
09-17-2004, 10:56 AM
How do you "mist" All-In-One and Sealant Glaze?

imported_rachelanne16
09-17-2004, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by beau

How do you "mist" All-In-One and Sealant Glaze?

You just put the product into a spray bottle, then `mist` your pad with it. I`m a little dubious about mixing AIO and SG, though ...

I mean, doesn`t AIO have some protection (probably similar to SG) already in it?

If you are looking for some sort of one-step shortcut, that is probably better than AIO, alone, but I doubt it is going to be as durable as AIO + SG done in separate applications.

mgm2003
09-17-2004, 11:32 AM
hallo gallo.

Yep, I pour AIO & SG in spray bottles. I seem to use less that way.

I`ll see how it holds up. It looks a bit different (to me) vs. applying AIO then SG in a seperate step. I was impressed with the wet look it produced. IMO it looks nearly as good as the panels beside it topped with WG & liquid pinnacle on the black truck. It was getting late by then, so I`ll have to pull it out in the sun later and have a closer look. On my white dymond CTS there was a very noticable improvement (also topped with WG and LP).

mgm2003
09-17-2004, 11:46 AM
mpauly. Agree with the 1/2 panel test. In addition to the rear quarter I did 1/2 of the hood on the truck. The other half was done last week with IP, FPII, FMJ, and LP. -I didn`t really want to strip off the FMJ, but liked the look of the Klasse test so much that I had to break down and do it. I`ll probably top it with LP tonight to have a more apples to apples comparison.

The wife is starting to think that I`ve moved into our garage. This started with the intention of winter prep. In the process I`ve tried out several products that I`ve been wanting to use. First BF sealer, then WG sealer. Then I got the $10 promotional Pinnacle offer with the swirl remover & LP (that`s another story in itsself -had BIG marring problems with the Pinnacle), then FMJ (which I REALLY like), and this damn forum convinced me to compare FMJ to the Klasse twins. By the time I`m done, Dwayne should be able to enjoy a comfortable retirement. In the end, I really enjoy it and find it very relaxing to turn on the tunes and go at it.