PDA

View Full Version : NXT Booster Wax

Jordan99
09-17-2004, 03:10 AM
Im from Ontario, and over the summer I prepped my car well with cleaning the paint, followed up by Megs Polish Step #2. Then as my final wax I used NXT and have recently followed that by two coats of #16, and I left a week in between for proper curing. The car has been garaged kept and covered all summer but in the winter it sometimes sits outside. I attempted to protect it well with #16 hoping it lasts through the winter months. Basically my question is...I have driven through some rain recently and the car is in need of its first wash since my 2 coats of #16. I have the NXT Booster Wax Spray and I was wondering if I should do a quick whirl around the car with it after I wash and dry it with my waffle weave. I know NXT has some mild cleaning abilities and was just wondering if you thought the Booster spray would remove some of the #16 effectiveness. If you think it does, I`ll likely lay off using the Booster Spray. Thanks.

General Lee
09-17-2004, 04:34 AM
I think you will find that the NXT Booster wax will take you longer than a quick whirl around. I think that stuff is a PITA to work with. Some others will agree also. My opinion.... I would apply another coat of #16 if you are concerned about durability. Your drive in the rain shouldn`t have compromised your 2 layers of #16, so an additional layer, and you will definitly be good to go.

Pats300zx
09-17-2004, 05:09 AM
I have had no problems at all with the NXT Booster Spray. I think its a great touch up between waxes. I tend to use it right before a car show.

I have found that there are several keys to using it. I apply it with a MF applicator and spray the NXT BS onto the app and directly on the surface.

Its best to put on a thin coat. Also be sure to shake the bottle very well before using and allow the product to completely haze before removing with a MF towel.

svanderbilt
09-17-2004, 11:01 AM
The NXT Booster Spray was conceived to be used on NXT, but in your scenerio it`s being used on #16.

Aurora
09-17-2004, 11:13 AM
Just watch out with that darn thing cause it gets into places you normally wouldn`t get wax into and can be difficult to get out even with Q-tips. I used it once and I`ll probably never use it again.

imported_Lawdog
09-17-2004, 10:41 PM
I`m not sure if it affects the effectiveness, but I found it is alot easier to use if you spray it on, and wipe it off like a quick detailer. It will smear at first, then wipe off. It`s alot easier that way than when you let it haze.

SDLexus
09-17-2004, 11:15 PM
I have had absolutely zero problems using the NXT booster wax. I`ll agree that it can get into crevices that can be hard to remove. For those areas of the car I just spray it onto an applicator and apply it that way. Follow the instructions and SHAKE WELL before use. Let it haze then wipe off. It`s definitely a great way to boost the shine in between waxes.

Pats300zx
09-18-2004, 07:32 AM
The NXT Booster Spray was conceived to be used on NXT

I have used it over top of carnuabas (S100, Souveran, etc) with no issues whatsoever. Leaves a great shine.

General Lee
09-18-2004, 09:34 AM
I just thought it was a bear to remove. I used it over NXT too. I`ll have to try the above methods next time.

jfelbab
09-18-2004, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by General Lee

I just thought it was a bear to remove. I used it over NXT too. I`ll have to try the above methods next time.

It is a bear to remove if you put it on too thick. I apply it with a foam applicator so thin that you would think it is just a wet film. It dries almost invisible and cones off with a MF in a swipe or two. It takes about 20-30 minutes to do the whole vehicle and uses a single spritz on the applicator per panel.