PDA

View Full Version : Hand or PC?

Tc808
09-17-2004, 12:29 AM
Okay well thanks to the help of forum members I`ve pretty much figured out what I need to do and have most everything that I need (hopefully!). Boy, the initial cost (or should I say investment) is pretty high.

One last question and hopefully I`ll be ready for this weekend. Is there any advantage to applying AIO by PC? Does it make a difference in the shine?

Thanks again!

JasonD
09-17-2004, 12:41 AM
Some say yes, some say no. I personally, like to use the pc since its just so easy and the ending result is so nice I just can`t bring myself to do anything else. AIO has a lot cleaning properties to it so if anything you will just clean the surface a little better with the pc.

Accumulator
09-17-2004, 11:15 AM
Yeah, I prefer to do it by PC too. Just consider all those orbits-per-minute and think about whether you`ll do as thorough a job by hand. And the PC seems a *lot* easier to use (effectively) on hard to reach areas like rocker panels.

JasonD
09-17-2004, 11:34 AM
Join the Autopia Buyer`s Club too, if you haven`t done so already. That will save you a little money. The link is on the home page toward the bottom where it says Sponsor`s Links

Tc808
09-17-2004, 11:54 AM
JDookie and Accumulator-

Thanks for the responses. Well I guess my brand new, still in the box pc will be getting a workout this weekend. First with the 3M PI III RC (thanks for the help in choosing this product JDookie) to remove swirls, then with the 3M mg to polish, and finally with AIO. I can`t wait to get started...hmmm I could even get home early today :D

Aloha!

SK2003TypeS
09-17-2004, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by Tc808

Okay well thanks to the help of forum members I`ve pretty much figured out what I need to do and have most everything that I need (hopefully!). Boy, the initial cost (or should I say investment) is pretty high.

The costs will come down as you build a collection. The tough part is stopping yourself when you have what you need (which never seems to end). The real challenge though is naming all of your bottles. :D

JasonD
09-17-2004, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by Tc808

JDookie and Accumulator-

Thanks for the responses. Well I guess my brand new, still in the box pc will be getting a workout this weekend. First with the 3M PI III RC (thanks for the help in choosing this product JDookie) to remove swirls, then with the 3M mg to polish, and finally with AIO. I can`t wait to get started...hmmm I could even get home early today :D

Aloha!

You`re very welcome, that`s what we`re here for. Just be sure to post the results so we can all check them out and enjoy it with you! :D