PDA

View Full Version : Customer requests carpet protection-What to use?

Sveta
09-16-2004, 08:00 PM
Lady has new Acura TSX and ask if I could put something on her carpets to protect them from stains, etc.

Products I can pick from locally for this weekends work...

1. - 303 High Tech Fabric Guard (my first choice)

- Prestone Fabric Protector

- Scotch Guard

Suggestions on better products then these?

2. I also see 303 Cleaner at a store where I get my 303 Aerospace Prtotect, :up. Comments on 303 Cleaner appreciated,...or stick to woolite/water?)

Thanks.

tpgsr
09-16-2004, 08:14 PM
303 cleaner is great

If you can find stoner fabprotect, i would say use that otherwise, i am not sure. I thought the 303 was made for awnings and such not carpet... I could be completly wrong though

Sveta
09-16-2004, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by tpgsr

303 cleaner is great

I thought the 303 was made for awnings and such not carpet... I could be completly wrong though

I don`t know either, tpgsr. Thanks for the Stoner rec. The RV stores lit says, "Use on acrylic awnings, outdoor furniture, RV interiors, carpets, and even delicate fabrics like suede, wool and silk."

It`s the 303 brand name that makes me consider getting it but its pricey. :nixweiss

tpgsr
09-16-2004, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by MartyGrant

It`s the 303 brand name that makes me consider getting it but its pricey. :nixweiss

If you are talking about the cleaner, then it is worth it. You don`t use it straight up, you can water it down as much as 30:1 A little goes a long way

tom p.
09-16-2004, 08:51 PM
ScotchGuard will work well. They may even offer an automotive version at this time. It won`t fend off horrific messes but it certainly can offer some degree of protection.

Perfectionist
09-16-2004, 09:40 PM
I`v used 303 before and it is "ok", but for the past 2 yrs have been using Rag Top and I think you can go wrong with it. its made to restore water repelance on conv. tops but works great on interior fabrics and carpets too.

And i/v had few incidents when i spilled water or soda in the car, nad stuff just rolls off my seat like its on a perfectly waxed paint.

Scottwax
09-16-2004, 11:19 PM
Scotchguard has worked fine for me. I usually buy it at Pep Boys.

smoky14
09-17-2004, 06:55 AM
I go to the janitorial supply house and they have carpet/fabric stain protector in gallon bottle that you mix with water. It seems to work good. Check with the local carpet cleaning outfit to see where they get theirs.

mgm2003
09-17-2004, 07:01 AM
Ditto the scotchguard. It`s one of the first things I apply to a new interior. Usually have to re-apply about once a year, or after a good carpet extracting.

carcrazy22
09-17-2004, 07:14 AM
scotchguard :up I like applying two coats of thin mist (lightly spray) rather than applying thick coat. This way it dries quickly too.

Sveta
09-17-2004, 07:43 PM
Scotchguard this time as I need to go to China-Mart tonight anyway. I like the janitorial supply store suggestion but they are closed...but maybe later for bulk.

Thanks to all. :)