PDA

View Full Version : Which AutoGlym products are worthy?

SilverLexus
09-15-2004, 09:39 PM
Autopia store is having a sale...any suggestions. I gather that David likes the tire products...

Figured I would cheat and leverage other people`s experiences. ;)

SilverLexus
09-15-2004, 09:41 PM
Darn, it seems David has started a similar thread in the vendor section. Sorry about that David!

Still, any opinions on Autoglym?

X-Trail
09-15-2004, 10:30 PM
A friend of mine told me the engine cleaner is good. Might want to try that.

WD Pro
09-16-2004, 06:59 AM
The glass cleaner is excellent (but a little dusty).

I think they do two, I am referring to the one that is applied like a hand wax and buffed of separately. It Smells very `chemically` and is a light blue creamy consistency.

I also like the vinyl and rubber care (emulsified liquid) and by brother swears by the bumper care (green gel).

WD Pro :xyxthumbs

Lowejackson
09-16-2004, 07:03 AM
Most of the consumer products are good but I dont like the shampoo. The Resin and Gloss are similar to Klasse. There is a review of both these on the CMA site. You can also top either the Resin or Gloss with wax for a deeper shine

NavindraLR
09-16-2004, 08:10 AM
i have heard that their leather cleaner is really good... actually able to clean scuffs and other marks, unlike others... but you would also need to to get the conditioner for after the deep cleaning

SilverLexus
09-16-2004, 01:26 PM
Thanks for the suggestions and keep em coming.

I have tried the glass polish which Bretfraz let me use on the wife`s car. It works very well in my opinion.

meGrimlock
09-16-2004, 02:06 PM
Every Autoglym product I`ve tried, I`ve liked. Right now I have the Interior Cleaner, Super Resin Polish, Glass Polish, and Paint Renovator. The interior cleaner has a nice smell, and does a pretty good job of gettin light stains out of fabric and upholstery. For heavier stuff, I use a dedicated stain remover, so I don`t have any experience on bad stains. The Super Resin Polish has a nice cleaning action, and leaves a nice shimmer behind. It really brought out the metal flake in my paint. The Glass Polish will remove stubborn stains and bug guts from the windsheild, but it won`t actually remove even light scratches/pits from my experience. I haven`t used the Paint Renovator much, but it did a good job of removing some swirling on my roof. It is a fairly aggressive polish, you can feel the grit when you rub it between your fingers. Probably a little too aggressive for minor swirl removal (use the SRP), but good for some deeper scratches/marring. You should really try a few of their products, I haven`t been disappointed yet. :xyxthumbs

acohen100
09-16-2004, 07:52 PM
I just tried the leather conditioner for the first time. I was not very impressed...mainly with the smell, which is what a leather cleaner is all about for me. It smells like my grandmother`s apartment...not like leather. Might be great for the leather though, who knows?:nixweiss