PDA

View Full Version : Microban--strongest odor killer?

imported_rookie
09-15-2004, 06:19 PM
I have heard this is possibly the strongest odor killer there is on the market. It is used in sewers, etc.

I found it at at Rotovac and it is quite expensive. 30 bucks a gallon.

What does anyone know/think about it.

imported_rookie
09-15-2004, 08:28 PM
Bump.

Nobody use this? Maybe I should go to professional forum.

togwt
09-16-2004, 07:22 AM
Quote: It is used in sewers, etc.

~One mans opinion / observations~

Just what kind of smells / odors are you trying o remove?

(this seems alittle drastic for vehicles)

~Hope this helps~

Knowledge unshared is experience wasted

justadumbarchitect / so I question everything/ Jon

imported_Honda Man
09-16-2004, 08:24 AM
I have used it to clean up the mildew on the interior of El-Camino that had sat for a couple of years. It worked great to kill the smell and the mildew. You can inject it into the seat foam and carpet pad if needed. I found it at a commercial carpet cleaner supply and it was around $23 for a gallon.

Mark

imported_rookie
09-16-2004, 09:16 AM
Just what kind of smells / odors are you trying o remove?

Urine smells, vomit, horrible wet dog smell, there are lots of things.

imported_rookie
09-16-2004, 09:17 AM
Black150, did you dilute it?

TortoiseAWD
09-16-2004, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by rookie

Bump.

Nobody use this? Maybe I should go to professional forum. Please, don`t bump your own threads this way (especially only two hours after you made the first post). If several days go by without getting the response you want, then try rephrasing your question, and posting again to the same thread.

Also, if you think your post should have gone into a different forum, please contact a moderator to move the existing post rather than creating a new one in a different forum asking the same question (i.e., cross-posting).

Thanks,

Tort

(moderator)

imported_Honda Man
09-16-2004, 01:39 PM
rookie,

I was a while back that I used it and I don`t remember if I diluted it or not. I think you use it full strength. I will check the label tonight and see what the instructions say.

This is the brand I got: http://www.unsmoke.com/water-mircobanplus.htm

Mark

imported_rookie
09-17-2004, 09:15 AM
The reason I am so interested in Microban is it seems to be considered the strongest sterilizer around.

I have some people telling me not to use it, others telling me to. I hate the run around every differnt place gives.

togwt
09-17-2004, 09:50 AM
Quote: Urine smells, vomit, horrible wet dog smell, there are lots of things

Urine, Vomit:

Remove the seats and thoroughly clean the carpet with a carpet cleaner and a disinfectant. Then let it air dry, ensuring that it is completely dry. The carpet backing will absorb the most, spray the affected areas with a disinfectant (both the carpet backing and the carpet) clean the carpet using steam extractors upholstery attachments, and then re-install the seats.

To eliminate the musty smell use an odour-neutralizing mineral made from porous volcanic rock (Zeolite®). This type of product absorbs odours, eliminates stale musty air, and will reduce any noxious oil or gasoline fumes. It is non-toxic and when it stops working can be re-charged by warming

in a microwave or in the sun.

Smells and Odours:

What is that smell! No I don`t mean that new-car or a new leather smell either. If the interior has been used lately as a rolling fast food cafeteria and has a lingering odour from French fries, spilled milk, or misplaced baby diapers or wet pets, porous volcanic lava rock. (Zeolite®) it`s a natural odour-neutralizing mineral that`s non-toxic and environmentally safe. Absorbs odours and musty air stale air. Ozim 1500c reduces airborne bacteria, kills smoke and odours, EPA registered.

Gasoline fumes:

(Zeolite®) it`s a natural odour-neutralizing mineral that`s non-toxic and environmentally safe. Absorbs odours and musty air stale air. Also reduces noxious oil and gasoline fumes, when it no longer works heat (the sun or a microwave) will regenerate it.

Tobacco smoke- is one of the most difficult smells to remove from a car, as the smoke permeates almost every interior finish. Start by cleaning the carpets and upholstery with an extractor and 303 Carpet & Spot Remover TM. Clean leather and vinyl surfaces with approved cleaners once the carpet has dried for 24 hours, sprinkle with baking soda, rub it in to ensure that it penetrates the fibres and leave it for about a week, then vacuum the carpet to remove. The baking soda should absorb the remaining odour in the carpet.

Don`t forget the headliner, as this is the source of most of the tobacco smell. Vacuum the headliner and then without saturating the material use 303 Carpet & Spot Remover TM to clean, as this is the source of a lot of the smell. Once the cleaning is complete spray the interior fabric surfaces with Febreez Auto Freshener

Ozium 1500c air sanitizer/freshener effectively eliminates bad odours, each mist will release a pleasant fragrance that kills odour-causing bacteria and converts smoke particles into clean, fresh air (Ozim 1500c)

~Hope this helps~

Knowledge unshared is experience wasted

justadumbarchitect / so I question everything/ Jon