PDA

View Full Version : NXT revisited....and a huge request!

Pages : [1] 2

breakneckvtec
09-15-2004, 11:28 AM
Dear Meguiars (Mike Phillips) -

I had some issues with NXT a while back. I worked out the application issue by applying via PC. I used to have an electron blue pearl Si that loved NXT, the look was amazing. Now I have tried nearly everything under the sun, and I cant quite understand it but NXT has a killer look to me. I recently used it on a customers white car and was very impressed. Well the Si is now gone and I too own a white car. I havent been super impressed with anything yet, getting white to POP is tough. However I feel NXT gives that POP I look for. One problem, it doesnt last more than about 2 - 3 weeks here in NJ. Thats horrible. Durability has kept me away and I think is a big complaint with others too. Get it up to about 3 months and you have a product that can hang with the big boys.

Thanks

Bobby G
09-15-2004, 11:45 AM
Mike,

This needs to go direct to Barry himself. I hear this message a lot.

New products are always nice, but here`s a product people like that needs tweaking.

Tweak it!

:up

stilez
09-15-2004, 12:15 PM
I got about 2 months out of it here in CT, late winter, early spring.

I think the key was applying it to a surface it could bond too (IE: Klasse AIO, PB PP, or CK VM).

EdLancer
09-16-2004, 12:12 PM
Used one coat of NXT on my red Lancer and it is still beading after 2 weeks. How did you apply the NXT ?, I used a grey LC pad with a 4.5 setting on the PC to work it to a haze and then wipe off with a MF cloth. I will try to apply #16 on top of the NXT.

Rainbow
09-16-2004, 12:52 PM
I put 2 coats on allowing a day between coats for curing. I get 6 weeks out of it. I could probably go more, but I rewax about every six weeks just to be sure. :xyxthumbs

09-16-2004, 02:21 PM
I don`t believe meguiars uses water beading as a sign of duribility. on that note, hitting your vehicle with a quick hit of nxt spray wax brings it right back up to par. thats not always a option when your doing someones elses car, but it works great if your always pampering your vehicle like most of us here.

HotRodGuy
09-16-2004, 04:19 PM
I did an 8 week test on my girlfriends car and it was still holding strong. While it wasn`t as slick as it was the first few weeks it was definately still doing it`s job protecting.

Currently I`m doing an 8 week zaino test, then will do an 8 week rejex test :)

Mike_Phillips
09-20-2004, 11:16 PM
subscribe....

Hi breakneckvtec,

I`ll share this feedback with Meguiar`s... We appreciate your feedback. Your thoughts, opinions, experience and suggestions are important and we`re listening.

Thank you

Mike

Lore
01-04-2005, 04:17 PM
Sorry to resurrect an older thread, but as a regular user of NXT I wanted to know what Meguiar`s has done about this. I bought one of the first available bottles of NXT when it first came out and just recently picked up another bottle for family members. An update would be appreciated!

hirosh
01-04-2005, 04:27 PM
i don`t know if they are doing anything to make it last longer, but i think meguiar`s is coming out with a paste version of NXT, to be released soon. whether it`ll last longer, i don`t know. i think they have some info on their website.

JustinR32
01-04-2005, 06:51 PM
I still say, you have to think outside the box with NXT. It`s not a one-bottle product, it`s a 2 bottle system, the product and the spray wax.

My read is, the Meg`s chemists found a product that would stick like a sonuvagun, but would only "POP" for a short while. Don`t believe it is highly resistant? Can you think of anything else that`s as hard to clean out of pads?

So, along with the NXT comes the NXT spray wax. It restores the look of the product, and restores the tiny bit of protection that has been eroded away.

I dunno. The two together aren`t that expensive compared to other high end waxes. So if you`re a twice a year wax guy, appearance isn`t such a big deal anyhow, and you`ll get great protection without using the spray. If you are a reasonable user, you`ll wax 4 times a year and use the spray once or twice a month, and the car will look great (and the two products together will last about 4-5 years). If you`re an Autopian, you`ll wash and wax and spray and switch and all that stuff all the time, so who cares.

If you`re a professional, you can hit it with the spray on the wash days.

I`m like one of the waxalot guys here, so NXT isn`t an issue really for me. I like LOTS of products here.

Tom

togwt
01-06-2005, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by HotRodGuy

I did an 8 week test on my girlfriends car and it was still holding strong. While it wasn`t as slick as it was the first few weeks it was definately still doing it`s job protecting.

Currently I`m doing an 8 week zaino test, then will do an 8 week rejex test :)

I`d be real interested in the durability of Rejex, I`ve found it has much less durability than NXT

JonM

Corey Bit Spank
01-06-2005, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by 2000

I don`t believe meguiars uses water beading as a sign of duribility. on that note, hitting your vehicle with a quick hit of nxt spray wax brings it right back up to par. thats not always a option when your doing someones elses car, but it works great if your always pampering your vehicle like most of us here.

I find it hard to believe that Meguiars would not want a paint protection formula to bead water, as this is an off the shelf product and many people that buy off the shelf products cursory looks at beading to detirmine whether or not the wax is still there. It could cause one time buyers.

In my experience it lasted a few weeks. Beading was gone, slickness was gone, the paint looked like it had nothing there. It may have had something on there but who cares at that point, it might as well have never been waxed.

JJ_
01-16-2005, 02:04 PM
I use nxt in scotland. We suffer very harsh conditions during the winter, and A LOT of rain!!

I find NXT works best if used in conjunction with #80. I dont know why but it is by far the best wax/sealant I have used on my car in terms of looks. If i was to continue to use it, then I would maybe re apply every 2 weeks.

But just since I dont have that option #16 is on it just now untill my nattys and VM come through. Ill try VM with nxt and see if I notice a difference.

I found it works well with sonus paint cleanser too.

BTW the avator next to my name is #80 and nxt. THATS IT!

HotRodGuy
01-16-2005, 02:18 PM
I`ve gotten 8 weeks out of it w/ no problem on cars that are parked outside full time

My dads C5 recieved a coat about 7 months ago and is kept in a garage. I washed it for him yesterday and I was suprised that the car still beaded and it still had some slickness left (although it could use another coat.