PDA

View Full Version : Getting overspray off...

imported_kgb
09-14-2004, 03:40 PM
Do you guys think that clay bar is the best way to remove overspray from paint? Some painters got overspray all over the cars at a Us Steel plant where my dad works and him and a few coworkers want us to get it out rather than the painters. I have done it before on smaller panels with clay but is this the easiest way to do it since this will be almost the whole cars/trucks?

Thanks

JasonD
09-14-2004, 03:46 PM
Clay is definitely the best way to remove overspray, hands down. You always want to use the least aggressive method to achieve the results you are looking for, and in your case it would mean clay.

I would post a quick link to the How-To page for claying a car but evidentally some certain individuals on the board didn`t like that, so if you go into the Autopia store you will find the How-To section and you will find all the info you need to remove your overspray. :up

Rainbow
09-14-2004, 04:01 PM
Clay is the way to go!

imported_kgb
09-14-2004, 05:22 PM
I just had my dad bring his car over and I got it off half the hood and roof no problem with the clay so it won`t be a bad job at all.

Rainbow
09-14-2004, 05:26 PM
I just had my dad bring his car over and I got it off half the hood and roof no problem with the clay so it won`t be a bad job at all.

Just remember to wax the car again. The clay will remove the wax and you wont have any protection until you rewax. :xyxthumbs

imported_kgb
09-14-2004, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by Rainbow

Just remember to wax the car again. The clay will remove the wax and you wont have any protection until you rewax. :xyxthumbs

Yeah, I sent him on his way with a coat of wax on the hood and top. ;)

Rainbow
09-14-2004, 06:03 PM
Sounds great! Glad it came off.:spot