PDA

View Full Version : Buyin PC 7424 can I use Zaino with it?

Pages : [1] 2

cali6869
09-14-2004, 01:00 PM
Buying the PC 7424 kit, the one that comes with pads and everything.

Im a newbie here, and I`ve been using zaino for 2 years now. I just bought a red BMW that has tons of swirl marks.

Now my questions is Can I use the PC with the zaino products? The reason of my question is that Zaino requires 2 different products to be applied on top of each other. How would the PC work with this?

Also I have been reading that many of members wax teh cars after polishing. can I do that with Zaino?

TIA and sorry for the newbie questions.

Bill D
09-14-2004, 01:06 PM
Hi, welcome to Autopia :wavey

You probably could apply with the softest finishing foam pad but my preference is to always apply a last step product(s) like Zaino by hand. You could also remove the Zaino with a PC with a pad with a mf bonnet over it, would speed up the time to buff it off I suppose.

The PC is real handy for removing stuff like hazing, micromarring and cobweb effect

To be overly sure it has bonded correctly, I`d even wait a week before applying the wax over it.

01bluecls
09-14-2004, 01:16 PM
Well first things first, let me be the first one to welcome you to Autopia! :bounce :D

To answer your questions, I would first use a claybar to remove all contaminants from your paint. Then I would purchse some good polishes to remove those swirls before you apply any Zaino. I would recommend any polish that does not contain, fillers, lots of oils, or wax as they will interfere with the Zaino bonding. Some polishes that i use in conjunction with my Zaino would be Poorboys SSR2.5, Menzerna Twins (intensive Polish and Final Polish 2) THese are great polishes that will not interfere with your Zaino.

As far as applying Z with the PC, I would highly recommend it since i have better luck with it spreading Zaino thin and evenly. I would only use the Gray finishing pad (or any glaze applying pad). Just spritz the pad with a little Z6 (Lightly mist) to help the Z spread out. For myself, I always remove products by hand with a good quality Microfiber.

Take heed that the Z5 says it removes swirls, but in reality it doesnt do a good job, use polishes for that task.

Many members use traditional waxes after they polish because that polishing will offer no long term protection for your finish. Wax and sealants are kinda of two different things. (do a search for those topics as its discussed a numerous amount of times on this forum. ) Zaino is classified as a sealant, and therefore has no real polishing action.

Hope i have answered all of your questions, and again welcome to the board!!

:wavey

Feel free to ask any additional questions about my response.

Chris

01bluecls
09-14-2004, 01:17 PM
Crap, BillD Welcomed you first before i was able to get my post up!! :o Oh well.

Bill D
09-14-2004, 01:22 PM
He he, we`re not in a race to welcome newcomers ;) :D

Peter Crowl
09-14-2004, 02:14 PM
Ummm...hope you don`t mind my adding a question onto this thread...

The OP asked about waxing after polishing...I`m wondering if the question was meant to ask about waxing after sealing --- for example waxing on top of Z2.

I read posts concerning this...but I`m still confused...the Z2 sealant provides a very nice finish...why would it be advantageous to wax on top of that?

Good to see the advice about using the PC to apply Zaino products as I recently did my wife`s CR-V and used an ounce per coat which I am given to believe is too much...ideally I should use 1/3 to 1/2 ounce less per coat but that`s unnaturally thin for a new kid like me to apply. Using the PC might help me apply thin enough.

You mention using MF`s to remove...I did on my 3rd coat (applied a week after the 2nd) but found it didn`t remove as well as Cotton Terry which I again used after coat 4. In both cases I buffed off by hand and followed up with a buff step using Z6

Peter...seeking to learn...in Denver

Bill D
09-14-2004, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by Peter Crowl

why would it be advantageous to wax on top of that?

Strictly for additional beauty. Some find sealants leave a reflectivebut plastic-like shine. The addition of wax adds more of a "rich ,wet-like, depth"

cali6869
09-14-2004, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by 01bluecls

Some polishes that i use in conjunction with my Zaino would be Poorboys SSR2.5, Menzerna Twins (intensive Polish and Final Polish 2) THese are great polishes that will not interfere with your Zaino.

Do they sell this products at local shops?

Is Zaino actually a good product to remove swirl marks?

Thanks everyone

RedondoV6
09-14-2004, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by cali6869

Do they sell this products at local shops?

Is Zaino actually a good product to remove swirl marks?

Thanks everyone

Cali,

Great advice given to you so far by my fellow Autopians.

On your question, Zaino is really a sealant, we refer to them as LSP`s or last step products. Zaino will do nothing for any swirls, you need another product to use before applying Zaino to reduce swirls. Chris`s advice on which polishes to use with Zaino is excellent.

Hope this helps

Bill D
09-14-2004, 02:36 PM
Nope one of the products can hide them but not remove them. That can be accomplished by a compound/polish often with a PC

RedondoV6
09-14-2004, 02:40 PM
Oops! Almost forgot :rolleyes:

Welcome to Autopia! :D

RedondoV6
09-14-2004, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by Bill D

He he, we`re not in a race to welcome newcomers ;) :D

I am ;)

I just type so darn slow :lol

Bill D
09-14-2004, 02:49 PM
I just can`t type for crap :o

cali6869
09-14-2004, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by RedondoV6

Cali,

Great advice given to you so far by my fellow Autopians.

On your question, Zaino is really a sealant, we refer to them as LSP`s or last step products. Zaino will do nothing for any swirls, you need another product to use before applying Zaino to reduce swirls. Chris`s advice on which polishes to use with Zaino is excellent.

Hope this helps

thank you, this helps...

Now my next question, If I use a polish like the ones that Chris mentioned, do those remove the swirls? or just hide them?

also what is the difference if I use a compound? (take in mind I have no idea what a compound is.... I hope someone can explain this too).

Thank you

Carlos

Bill D
09-14-2004, 03:10 PM
Maybe others will chime with the particulars but for you best to grasp understanding I highly suggest you click on the Learn button and take a look at David B`s Autopia ebook. If I get into discussing particular products I think I may confuse you some more :o Reading and researching here will pay off tremendously and you`ll be shocked how much you learn quickly :)