PDA

View Full Version : can Klasse SG be substituted with p21s wax?

Rai
09-13-2004, 01:58 AM
for the best result is SG necessary after AIO if you are planning on applying p21s wax?

also what is a standard detailing process for re-applying AIO/P21s in future... i am guessing you don`t need anything special to reapply AIO so does this sound right:

* wash and clay

* AIO

* p21s

?

Cheers

6cyl's_of_fury
09-13-2004, 02:15 AM
Going to P21S straight after AIO is OK, but it will not be as durable as the SG, so keep that in mind.

For reapplication, just add another coat of P21S every 2-4 weeks, depending on how its holding up and how fanatical you are. There shouldnt be a need to reapply the AIO for a reasonable period, say like 4-6 months......

TW85 HHI
09-14-2004, 01:09 AM
I would do one layer of SG just for its durability. Or are you willing to rewax every three weeks?

imported_prgallo
09-14-2004, 05:55 AM
I really like the AIO-P21S, it`s awesome. I like useing GEPC before the AIO to add gloss to the paint, some may say the oils from the GEPC get removed by the AIO so don`t bother. However try it yourself and compare, the results speak for themselves.

While my experience and testing seems to be a little different than others, it`s what works for me.

On thing to note, when done applying P21S (if you use the AIO routine below) you won`t think it`s all working together all that well. The two big "days" seem to be 24 hours later when it looks awesome, and one week later when it`s even better.

To really set it off, apply another layer of P21S after 24 hours, then QD or P21S a week later...

To maintain it I`ve been applying another P21S layer 4-6 weeks, which take me 15 minutes or so. The P21S shampoo, when mixed according to the directions, leaves the paint looking awesome, not even needing a QD!

I experiemented with one and three layers of SG on the AIO then topped w/P21s and determined that after 1 day the SG/panels looked better, after a week it was hard to tell, after 10 days - no difference. This was on red and black cars.

This was only true with a very specific AIO appliction procedure though, wiping it on the off didn`t achive the results I wanted. Try this: http:

http://www.autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=40623&highlight=AIO+Tip

or search on AIO (TIP) in the Detailing forum.

I`ve tried other sealants either alone or topped but this routine gives the results I`m looking for.