PDA

View Full Version : Ok! My line-up for detail??

booyah
09-13-2004, 01:22 AM
Like I said, being fairly new and asking/reading tons of threads, here is what Im thinking for my first linup of products to do both my vehicles!! Does it seem ok.

1. Clay and wash

2. FP II

3. 4* UPC (Do I need this step for anything OR go right to----Step 4)

4. AIO

4. 4* UPP for my sealant

stevet
09-13-2004, 02:59 AM
Do either 3 or 4 but no need to do both. AIO and 4*UPC are both cleaners. They will both give a nice base for 4*UPP.

svanderbilt
09-14-2004, 01:46 AM
Booyah, could you tell us what condition the vehicles are in? I`m assuming the Lexus is in just-delivered condition.

But what you have outlined *might* not be enough for the 4-Runner. I`m gonna assume it`s been subject to some pretty hostile conditions, seeing as you`re all the way in Alaska.

So before giving you the thumbs up, let us know about each vehicle. Go outside and take a few moments to feel the surface, catch the paint at angles and see what the swirls are like, etc.

I`m not totally against using 2 cleaners in a row. You need to evaluate whether you need a second pass after the 1st. Could be your car has alot of contamination; that would certainly warrant 2 passes with a cleaner. If your car is in average shape, then 1 would be enough, but 2 passes with AIO would make me feel extra warm and fuzzy, knowing my surface is completely prepped and ready for protection.