PDA

View Full Version : I did a STOOPID thing - clayed a dirty car.

dalmore
10-26-2004, 12:16 PM
Well I didn`t think it was dirty - I had used EF Clear Pearl on it the day before when I parked it. Then I hit with a good Tarminator spraying and wiped down with microfiber. I expected that would be clean. I was wrong.

I scratched up the hood noticablly. :ticked :brick

I was planning to do some touch up on a couple nicked spots and figured I`ll just strip the sealant and wax off the whole hood in case you are wondering what the heck I was doing anyway.

I clayed half the hood, then wiped up the clay lube and saw my scratches.

:ticked :brick

So, I got brave and used S&W on the other half of the hood. No Scratches there. Not that I recommend anyone do this, but since I was going to be buffing out scratches anyway ... I figured I`s see if S&W cleaned better.

And SSR2.5 did nicely at removing my scratches so it`s not a problem. :)

I just thought someone might learn from my stoopidity and avoid scratching their car.

Beemerboy
10-26-2004, 12:37 PM
Thanks for posting but I would have used S&W on the truck before using the clay just to make sure it was clean.

Alos was this new clay or did it have something in it before starting?

dalmore
10-26-2004, 12:41 PM
It was new clay. I`ve tossed it already since it obviously picked up something in the process.

Beemerboy
10-26-2004, 01:21 PM
WOW tha`s a drag clay is $$$$ lesson well learned

GearHead_1
10-26-2004, 04:37 PM
Stupid thing? Well... maybe but it wasn`t a mistake as long as you`ve learned something from it.