PDA

View Full Version : ColorX

mrzeee
09-12-2004, 12:35 PM
tried for the first time yesterday...

test subject was my 95 cherokee(white uuugh, needs a good clay not to mention a paint job, lots of spray paint touch ups)...

initial impression...

nice cleaning abilities - though did nothing overspray (hoped it might, didn`t think it would

good polishing abilities - hid some of the swirls...though didn`t get rid of the water mark etching - finish slick and pretty shiny (for white anyway)

durability - not sure, though I do plan on throwing on a coat of NXT (but NXT isn`t renowned for its duability)

easy to use - easy on easy off - with PC set@4.5 and megs polishing pad

overall - Hi-tech equivalent of megs cleaner wax(consumer line)

mrzeee
09-12-2004, 12:42 PM
http://www.autopia.org/gallery/data/500/1838195jeep-med.jpg

hey what can I say...its old and white...

mrzeee
09-17-2004, 01:07 AM
shine - was better the second day(is it a polymer based cleaner?)

durability - well two days of rain and still beading

may apply one more colorx and then nxt...

JasonD
09-17-2004, 01:09 AM
First, clay to remove your overspray.

Second, ColorX is mostly just a polish not a blemish corrector so you will need something more like ScratchX to remove the etching and any swirls it may have.

mrzeee
09-17-2004, 01:24 AM
yes I know clay for overspray - was curious on how the colorX would attack it..and I as I noted/predicted didn`t really help

also thought that colorx was more of a chemical cleaner??

JasonD
09-17-2004, 01:26 AM
Oh okay, I apologize for that. I didn`t realize you were posting your findings.

ColorX is a chemical cleaner, but I think you are wanting more of cut/polisher than a cleaner.

mrzeee
09-17-2004, 01:32 AM
no prob...my jeep is my test bed...poor old girl...and the jeep will be there when I start experimenting with DACP...

but I wanted to try the colorx out heard good things...and may do some detailing on the side wanted to see if this would be a good one stepper for people who want a simple wash and wax job...