PDA

View Full Version : PoorBoy`s Professional Polish

TDIGuy04
09-11-2004, 01:57 PM
I was going to prep my golf w/ it today before using UPP, but after applying and wiping off I could help notice a residue still on the hood. I tried buffing it off but it seemed like an oil was left on the paint, I figured that would cause a problem for the UPP to bond so I gave the hood a rewash using dish detergent. DD stripped the oil that was left behind, but is it suppose to be like that? I shook the bottle very thoroughly, so I don`t think it was a problem caused by seperation. I`ve had nothing but great results w/ PB products, so I`m just wondering if I did something wrong?

JasonD
09-11-2004, 02:03 PM
I`m not very familiar with Poorboys products but I would think that a simple ISA/water spray would`ve worked just as good as rewashing the car and with a lot less work.

How were you applying the product? By hand, PC?

TDIGuy04
09-11-2004, 02:09 PM
Applied w/ the PC at a speed setting of 3.5-4 w/ a white pad from CMA. Used very lil product also, so I was wondering why there was a film leftover:nixweiss

I didn`t rewash the whole car, I wash w/ a QEW/soap solution, so I just soaked my wash mitt and rewashed the hood, then dried w/ my WW, took 30sec.

I just figured I did something wrong cuz I`ve heard nothing but good reviews about the PP, maybe it`s just a "not for me" product.

JasonD
09-11-2004, 02:17 PM
I`m thiking that you didn`t work the product enough for it to break down correctly and the very oils that should have been helping you, actually hurt you. I would say try it again but with a higher PC setting. I never polish at a speed lower than 5 and some guys say the same thing about setting 6. There`s a HUGE difference going from 3.5 to 5, and I think that is going to be where your solution lies. I actually start out at 3.5 just to load my pads with polish and after a few minutes, crank it up to 5 and never look back. Try it again and let us know what happens, and we can just go from there.

Also, grey pad? Is that a cutting, polishing, or finishing pad?

TDIGuy04
09-11-2004, 02:23 PM
Actually I used a white polishing pad for the PB PP, I switched to Grey finishing for the UPP. I was only removing some light waterspots so I didn`t think a setting of 5 would be necessary, but maybe you`re right. I`ll give it another try at a higher speed when I have the chance.

JasonD
09-11-2004, 02:27 PM
The pad selection sounds fine, but if you don`t work the polish enough it won`t break down and all you will do is smear it around which is exactly what happened to you. Let us know how it turns out.:up