PDA

View Full Version : Stoner`s Products

Pages : [1] 2

shelshel
09-10-2004, 05:36 AM
Has anyone tried Stoners Carpet Cleaner or All Purpose cleaner yet. One wondering how they compare to others. I really like their Invisible glass cleaner. Best stuff I`ve ever used.

imported_mirrorfinishman
09-10-2004, 05:59 AM
I have been using a few of the Stoner products, such as Invisible Glass, Tarminator, Trim Shine and I would also be interested in learning more about some of their other products, like their Carpet Cleaner and APC.

shelshel
09-11-2004, 08:43 PM
mirrorfinishman...Does their Tarminator work very good? I know I`ve tried all kinds of stuff to remove tar and they just don`t work. Also, I get alot of Pine Sap on my car. Any experience in removing this with Tarminator?

Bill D
09-11-2004, 08:45 PM
Tarminator is a quality tar remover :up In my experience,the carpet cleaner works fairly well for light or recent stains

Auto Care USA
09-11-2004, 08:59 PM
Everything that you buy from Stoners is a winner. I buy some of their products by the 55 gallon drum. Great prices, great products and best of all free shipping.

Bill D
09-11-2004, 09:01 PM
He he, if 55 gallons is a tad too much :o, it`s really great Stoner sells cases as well :up

SAZMan
09-11-2004, 10:18 PM
I used Tarminator to clean off tree sap, using a method described in a previous thread. It got the sap off, but left a hazy area/film after letting it sit for about 60-90 seconds. I applied some AIO and it seemed to improve, but the area still looks a little "off." Did I do something wrong? Could I have harmed my paint? I`m worried about using it again.

Bill D
09-11-2004, 10:23 PM
Hmm..that`s unusual, perhaps following with a strong wash ( or even a Prepsol type product) would break up the haze or whatever was left behind could then fully be removed by the AIO. Hope others can chime in with additional ideas.

imported_mirrorfinishman
09-12-2004, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by shelshel

mirrorfinishman...Does their Tarminator work very good? I know I`ve tried all kinds of stuff to remove tar and they just don`t work. Also, I get alot of Pine Sap on my car. Any experience in removing this with Tarminator?

In regard to tackling those spots of tar, I have had very good experiences using Tarminator. (In not sure about the results using it on pine sap.) In most cases I just spray Tarminator onto a clean cloth and gentle apply it to the affected areas. I always follow-up with a cleaner type polish and a protective coat of wax. Since there is probably a solvent in the product, it is usually a good idea to use it on a cool surface, out of any direct sunlight. You do not want that type of product drying and possibly staining the surface. I have never seen that type of situation, but it is much better to be safe.

In extreme tar situations I have actually used it at the end of wash process while the vehicle is still wet. I do this in order to reduce any chance of the product drying on the surface. During that type of wet application it is always a good idea to wash all treated areas after the application of tarminator.

Also, since Tarminator does contain a solvent like material, I have used it a few times to remove those minor tar scuffs that sometimes get onto light colored floor mats. I just spray a little of it onto a soft bristle brush and then gentle scrub the affected area of the carpet. It is always a good idea to follow-up with a quick spray of your favorite carpet spray or foam type carpet cleaner. That will help to reduce any chance of staining or changing the color of the carpet. In this case, less is usually more. Remember, never spray the carpet directly.

Clean Dean
09-12-2004, 07:52 PM
Invisible Glass seems to really set a standard in the detailing industry. I use Tarminator, Trim Cleaner and Trim Shine regularly and I am very happy with the ease of use of the aerosals.

I love using Trim Shine as a final touch up especially on a cleaned and dressed engine.

Bill D
09-12-2004, 07:58 PM
If you like that product, be sure to buff the Trim Shine thoroughly on engine surface to absolutely minimize the very small chance of potential fire even further. Over kill, yes, but there shouldn`t be such a thing as being too safe around engines.

SAZMan
09-12-2004, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by Bill D

Hmm..that`s unusual, perhaps following with a strong wash ( or even a Prepsol type product) would break up the haze or whatever was left behind could then fully be removed by the AIO. Hope others can chime in with additional ideas.

The can of Tarminator also states that it can be used as a prewax cleaner. Maybe it just completely stripped my sealant. I`ve repeated the AIO and done some SG and the spot is much harder to see unless you have intense light on the area (but it is still there). Think it affected my clearcoat? It was only on for about 1-2 minutes.

Bill D
09-12-2004, 09:30 PM
I`m quite certain the Terminator can strip your sealant but to permanently effect your clear , I tend to doubt it, especially given it was on not that long. It`s not an impossibility though, especially if the clear was unstable to begin with or if it was a repaint , sometimes those just behave differently to commonplace cleaners. :nixweiss

joburnet
09-28-2004, 11:52 PM
So from what I`ve read the tarminator seems to be decent, the trim shine is good and the invisible glass is good and the carpet cleaner is ok but not too powerful.

Anyone have expirence with their APC, wheel cleaner, or foaming car wash?

joburnet
10-06-2004, 11:07 PM
What bottles can you use for the tarminator? It looks like they ship it in a metal can even in the 5gal so I would assume that you don`t want to use plastic bottles.

Also, I got some trim shine and it is very nice.